[Nfbnet-members-list] Live The Life You Want: Call For Singers

Rachel Grider via NFB-Announce nfb-announce at nfbnet.org
Sun Jun 21 16:31:50 UTC 2020

Hello, Federation Family:

This year, we have a unique opportunity to show how each of us is
living the lives we want.  We all know the song, and now it is time to
sing it proudly! No matter your age or experience level, we would like
to hear your voice, along with the NFB choir, in this virtual voice collage.

Here is how this will work.  All who are interested, including
children, will record themselves singing along to the track provided
by June 30.  They will send their recording, along with a picture of
themselves.  Then, our fantastic audio-editors will take each
recording and choose parts of them to use for the final cut.  The end
result will be an ever-changing tapestry of voices of Federationists,
proclaiming that we can indeed live the lives we want.

If you would like to be a part of this, please read carefully the
instructions below.

1.    Attached, you will find a document of lyrics and an audio track
with claps at the beginning.  Practice singing along with the track a
few times, making sure to also clap along with the claps at the
beginning.

2. You will need two devices to make this recording, one on which to
listen to the track with earphones, and one to record.  The easiest
way to do this would probably be to listen to the track on your
computer and to record using Voice Memos, or a similar app, on your
phone.  You must use the track while recording, otherwise your
submission cannot be synced with those of everyone else.  Also, you
must use earphones while recording because we don't want the track to
come through in your submission.

3. Make sure to record in a close, quiet space; I recommend recording
inside of a closet or a really small room to reduce background noise
as much as possible. You’d be surprised at how much your microphone
will pick up.

4. When you record, DON'T FORGET TO DO THE CLAPS AT THE BEGINNING.
This is exceedingly important.  The claps will be taken out for the
final cut, but we need them to make the editing go more smoothly and
quickly.

5. Experiment. Record yourself a few times, listening to each
recording when you are done. Play around with the distance between
your mouth and the microphone to get the best sound.

6. When you are happy with your recording, title it with your name and
send it to Rachel.grider at gmail.com, with the subject line LLYW+Your
Name. Also send a picture of yourself doing something that illustrates
you living the life you want.  For example, you might take a picture
of yourself walking with your cane or guide dog, playing basketball,
reading a book, playing an instrument-almost anything you can think
of! Please be sure to also send along a description of your picture.

7. The absolute final deadline for submissions is June 30.  Once you
have submitted your materials, you will get a confirmation that they
have been received.  If you don't get that confirmation within
twenty-four hours, please reach out to me at Rachel.grider at gmail.com.

I am so excited to work with you on this project!

Cheers!

Rachel
rachel.grider at gmail.com

https://www.avg.com