[Nfbnet-members-list] 60 seconds could win you up to $200 as part of the Convention Memory Minute Contest

tracy.soforenko at gmail.com tracy.soforenko at gmail.com
Sun Jun 7 07:33:20 UTC 2020

60 seconds could win you up to $200 as part of the Convention Memory
Minute Contest
For many, our very first convention becomes a life-changing
experience. During the May 2020 Presidential Release, President Mark
Riccobono shared memories from his first convention: dodging the
persistent Buna Dahal who wanted him to buy a candy bar, exploring
Disneyland with other students from the Louisiana Center for the
Blind, and putting together all the pieces of Federation philosophy
at the end of the convention.
As a means of encouraging others to register for this year's
convention, we ask that you share a video or audio message about a
special memory of your first convention in less than sixty seconds.
By tagging your social media post with #NFB20 or submitting the entry
directly to us by email or phone, you will be entered to win a cash
prize and have your story shared at this year's convention.

A Word about Creativity

We encourage you to be creative with the video, but don't over-think
it, either. Did convention inspire you to go kayaking? Film the video
near (or on) a lake! Did convention inspire you to walk with a cane?
Shoot your video while walking in your neighborhood! That said, do
you feel most comfortable filming the video from your couch? Then do
it! Let the setting be uniquely you, but know that we strongly value
creativity.

Contest Rules

We are seeking entries that are heartwarming, funny, and creative.
All entries must:
    * be less than one minute!
    * be received by July 1, 2020
    * include the words "National Federation of the Blind" in full
    * include your name in spoken form
    * nominate three other people by name to participate
    * have the submitter's name preregistered for convention

How to Submit

Contest submissions can be made in several ways: social media,
e-mail, or by phone.

On Social Media

Post your video using #NFB20 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or
TikTok. In the same post, tag three others to participate, too.
The easiest way to record a video is from your smartphone's camera.
Switch the camera to be front facing, hold the camera about an arm's
length away from your face, and hit record. Then, open your social
media network of choice.
    * On Facebook, tap the "Create Post" button, then "Photo/Video."
You'll then see a listing of all your recent photos and videos. Add a
brief bit of text, include #nfb20, and tag your friends. Finally,
check the "View Privacy" button to be sure that the post is set to
"Public." (We won't see your post if that setting only shows it to
your friends!)
    * On Twitter, you can attach your video using the "add photos or
video" button that can be found on twitter.com just after the "Tweet"
text edit field. iPhone and Android Twitter users will have a similar
option after selecting the "new tweet" button. In addition to your
video and brief bit of text, be sure to include #nfb20, and mention
your friends' Twitter handles preceded by the @ sign. Remember that
your Twitter privacy settings need to be set such that your tweets are public.

By E-mail

If you don't have social media, record a video, voice memo, or audio
file with your phone or computer, and e-mail the file to NFB20 at nfb.org.

By phone

We've made participating as easy as leaving as a voicemail! Simply
call the National Center at 410-659-9314, dial extension 2020, and
leave a one-minute voicemail of your experience. Still be sure to
nominate three friends as part of your message, then call them to
share the news after you hang up.

Note: Submissions by phone or email may be used on National
Federation of the Blind social media.

Prizes and Award Announcement

The Kenneth Jernigan Convention Scholarship Fund Committee will
review submissions and award the top three winners based on
creativity and impact of their story. Submissions will be played
during convention, and winners will be announced at the banquet.
    * First Place Winner: $200
    * Second Place Winner: $150
    * Third Place Winner: $100
Be sure to register for national convention to get the latest updates
and agenda. You can register and learn more at
<http://www.nfb.org/convention>www.nfb.org/convention.
Please contact Tracy Soforenko, Chairman of the Kenneth Jernigan Fund
Committee, with any questions by e-mailing <mailto:nfb20 at nfb.org>nfb20 at nfb.org.
Good luck!
Sincerely,
The Kenneth Jernigan Fund Committee