[Nfbnet-members-list] Virtual Choir For Convention

Rachel Grider rachel.grider at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 06:26:35 UTC 2020

Hello, Federation Family:

I am pleased to be partnering with the NFB Performing Arts Division to
put together a virtual choir for National Convention. This is a way
for us to unite and make music together during this time of social
isolation. All are welcome and encouraged to participate, regardless
of musical experience.

Here is how this will work. We will prepare three songs. Sheet music
will be available in Braille and print, depending on preference, and
part recordings will also be available for those who do not read
music. Four rehearsals will be held virtually over Zoom on June 5,
June 12, June 19, and June 26, all at 8:00 PM EST; rehearsals will be
recorded for those with conflicts. Participants will record themselves
singing their parts, submitting their recordings no later than June
30. Those recordings will then be edited together to make the virtual
choir which will be featured some time during the convention.

Music will be as follows:
This Is Me (from The Greatest Showman):
https://youtu.be/doFgPcanNx0
Make Them Hear You (from Ragtime):
https://youtu.be/_dWFoXHobvw
Live The Life You Want:
https://youtu.be/2mwrm9EK8zM

If you would like to participate, please email nfbpad at gmail.com with
the following information:
Your name.
Your state.
Your Voice Part (Soprano, Alto, Tenor, Bass)
If you plan to record all three songs; if you don't, which songs you
plan to record.

A little about yourself, including musical experience and in what
format you would like to receive your sheetmusic.

Please feel free to write to me at Rachel.grider at gmail.com if you have
any questions. I am so excited to make music with you!

Cheers!

Rachel

Rachel Grider
President, Central Valley Chapter
Board Member, National Federation of the Blind of California