[Nfbnet-members-list] 2020 NFB Washington Seminar information, now available on NFB-NEWSLINE

White, Scott SWhite at nfb.org
Wed Jan 15 00:25:20 UTC 2020

In early February, the blind of this nation are headed to DC for our
annual Washington Seminar. Many of you will be visiting the capitol
to speak with your legislators. The Washington Seminar is an annual
event of the National Federation of the Blind to introduce the agenda
of blind Americans--the priority issues requiring congressional
attention over the coming year.

The issues are selected from official positions of the Federation and
may address concerns in the following areas: relevant civil rights
issues; educational programs and services; rehabilitation of the
blind for competitive employment; the operation of vending facilities
by blind persons on public property; specialized library services for
the blind; the organization and funding of federal programs; Social
Security and Supplemental Income programs; and other timely topics.
Three legislative initiatives are chosen for priority attention
during the Washington Seminar.

We have posted the NFB 2020 Washington Seminar Agenda and Fact Sheets
on NFB-NEWSLINE.

To reach this information using the telephone access method, press
five from the main menu for newspapers in a different state, followed
by five again for National Meetings of Interest to the print disabled.

To reach this information using the free NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile app,
choose Publications, Publication Options, All Publications, and find
the NFB 2020 Washington Seminar Agenda and NFB 2020 Washington
Seminar Fact Sheets.

We hope those of you traveling have a safe trip. If you are
interested in how you can get involved, contact your local state NFB
affiliate. A list of these can be found on the NFB.org website at
<https://www.nfb.org/about-us/state-affiliates>https://www.nfb.org/about-us/state-affiliates

National Federation of the Blind | nfb.org | 866-504-7300 |
<mailto:nfbnewsline at nfb.org>nfbnewsline at nfb.org