[Nfbnet-members-list] Guide Dog Users: Social Networking while Distancing

Marion Gwizdala, President president at nagdu.org
Thu Apr 2 01:31:08 UTC 2020

Guide Dog Users: Social Networking while Distancing

Please circulate the following message as widely as appropriate.

                 As we create physical distance
between us as protection from the COVID-19 virus,
the National Association of Guide Dog Users, a
strong & proud division of the National
Federation of the blind, Invites you to create
social connections and togetherness. “Yappy Hour”
is sponsored and hosted by the board of directors
of NAGDU. Our first event will be a simple
get-acquainted time with no topic nor agenda. In
our first Yappy Hour, you are welcome to share
with the group your favorite adult beverage, your
original food creations, or ask a question about
a dog training or behavior concern. In other
words, its more about the humans whith guide dogs
in their lives than about the dogs. One of our
nontopics will be what we can do in the future.
For instance, during the holidays, I facilitated
a Zoom meeting in which I sent out an ingredient
list and taught others how to make home-made egg
nog. Maybe we can cook together! Anyone want to learn to make seafood lasagna?

                 So, grab your device, download
the Zoom Meeting app, and come network with guide
dog users around the world! Here are the times and instructions!

What: National Association of Guide Dog Users’ Yappy Hour
When: Saturday, April 4
When: 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. Eastern (2:00 – 4:00 p.m.
Central; 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Mountain; & 12:00 noon – 2:00 p.m. Pacific).

USING ZOOM
Although traditional conference call dialing is
available, we recommend using the free Zoom app
for the best audio quality and functionality. The
app is easy to use and is available on iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, and Mac.
If you don't already have the app installed, you
will be prompted to do so when activating the
below Zoom link. Installing the app ahead of time
will give you the opportunity to customize it to your preference.

JOINING NAGDU MEETINGS
There are now three ways to join NAGDU meetings:
 From any computer or Smart device, activate the
following link and follow the instructions:
<https://zoom.us/j/8136262789>https://zoom.us/j/8136262789

You will need a microphone on your computer in
order to have your voice heard in the cloud!
2.       Tap one of these links from any smart phone:
+16699006833,,8136262789# or
+14086380968,,8136262789#
You can also add one of these numbers to your
contacts list so you can use them for future meetings!

3. Manually call by dialing either (669) 900-6833
or (408) 638-0968, then entering the ID 8136262789.

ZOOM COMMANDS
The following are a few commands which can be
used during the meeting based on how you joined.
1. Telephone: *6 to mute or unmute. *9 to raise your hand.
2. Windows: ALT+A to mute or unmute. ALT+Y to raise your hand.
3. Mac: CMD+SHIFT+A to mute or unmute. OPTION+Y to raise your hand.
4. Activate this link for a full list of commands
from either Windows or Mac:
https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/205683899-Hot-Keys-and-Keyboard-Shortcuts-for-Zoom

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
<http://nagdu.org/>Visit our website
<http://twitter.com/nagdu>Follow us on Twitter

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise
expectations because low expectations create
barriers between blind  people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds you back.

https://www.avg.com