[Nfbnet-members-list] Career Fair: Save the Dates

David Andrews dandrews920 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 00:58:10 UTC 2020

2020 Career Fair and Career Track Events - Save the Dates!
By Dick Davis, Chairperson
                                        NFB Employment Committee

Response to COVID-19
At this point the 2020 NFB National Convention is
taking place as planned. NFB will continue to
evaluate the situation and the needs of
attendees. We will
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>update
the convention webpage regarding the status of
the event and any related precautions to be taken.
2020 Career Fair and Career Track
Employers and jobseekers want to know the dates
of our 2020 Career Fair and Career Track events
as early as possible, so here is the information I have so far:

This year in Houston we plan to have more than
fifty employers from throughout the nation in
attendance at the Career Fair. We’ve expanded the
length of the Career Fair to three hours, and
there will be more space, so things should be less hectic this year.

·         The Career Fair will be Wednesday, July
15 from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. (three hours in length).
·         The Job Seeker Seminar will be Tuesday,
July 14 from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Its focus this
year will be on full inclusion.  There will be
presentations and breakout sessions.
·         The Employment Committee meeting will
be Tuesday, July 14 from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. It
will not include employer/jobseeker networking.
·         Dates and times for the Upward Mobility
Seminar and Etiquette Dinner are still under
consideration by our national office.
·         Jobseeker/employer networking sessions
will occur over convention lunch hours; more
information in the future. Employers who want to
meet jobseekers this way should contact John
Dubay at
<mailto:jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com>jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com.

Registration for jobseekers: information and an
online registration form will be posted on
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention>nfb.org/convention.
The page will be up soon and we will send the link.

Registration for employers:
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/sponsorship-and-exhibiting-opportunities#careerfair>information
and registration can be found here.

For more information, contact John Dubay at
<mailto:jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com>jdubay at strategiccontactsolutions.com
or Dick Davis at <mailto:ddavis at blindinc.org>ddavis at blindinc.org.

https://www.avg.com