[Nfbnet-members-list] Book Fair and Volunteer Workers

Krystal Guillory kguillory at louisianacenter.org
Sun May 5 20:23:40 UTC 2019

From: Krystal Guillory and Sandra Oliver,
Co-Coordinators, 2019 Braille Book Fair
kguillory at louisianacenter.org Cell: 318.245.8955
Sandra.Oliver at ey.com Cell 713.825-4573
To: Supporters and past workers at the Braille Book Fair
Re: Volunteer workers
Where: NFB Convention, Las Vegas
When: Tuesday, July 9th

Available Volunteer Times:
Set-up:
1) 8:30-10:30 am;
2) 10:30 am -12:30 pm; and/or
3) 2:00-4:00 pm* (* this time slot may change if
everything is set up during the 1
st two slots)
Event: 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
Clean-up: 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Room location: See the NFB agenda

When you reply to this message, please provide the following information:
ï‚· YES...I can work the following shift(s):
ï‚· My cell phone number that I will have at convention is:
ï‚· I live in (state):
ï‚· Braille skills (including if you read by
touch or by sight as a sighted person)

Note: If you are a parent of a blind child under
the age 18 (or still in high school or below), we
know that you will want to attend the NOPBC
Annual Meeting which takes place just before the
BBF, but we would welcome you to work either
during the event or on the clean-up shift after
the event.

The Braille Book Fair has become one of the
highlights of the convention for many teachers,
parents, blind kids, blind parents, and adult
beginning Braille readers. But the event could not
take place without the help of many dedicated,
talented volunteers. And that's where you come
in. As a past worker, or simply interested
supporter of the Braille Book Fair, I hope you can
either volunteer, or give me the contact
information for someone that you recommend.
You do not need to work the entire afternoon or
evening, but I do ask that you try to work
an entire shift. We especially need for people
who help customers to come BEFORE we open
the doors at 4:00 pm and to commit to staying
until at least 6:30 pm. Book lovers are great for
this shift, as you will assist visitors in book decisions/selections.

Thanks so much for taking time to consider this
request, and I look forward to hearing from you
soon! If you can help, please contact Sandra
Oliver, NOPBC Board Member at 713.825-
4573 or Sandra.Oliver at ey.com

Braille Rocks,
Krystal and Sandra