[Nfbnet-members-list] Career Fair at NFB Convention

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jun 13 23:04:40 UTC 2019

June 12, 2019

Dear Future Blind Employees:

Below is a list of the employers coming to the NFB National Career
Fair, which is on Monday, July 8 from 1-3 p.m., with individual
interviews from 3:30 to 5 p.m. We are currently working to sign up
other employers, including Kellogg, the CIA, and Oracle. About one
week before the career fair, we will send a final list of employers
on NFBNET. But the lists will not contain contact information.

If you want contact information for the employers, you must register
at
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair.
If you do that, we will be able to send you that information,
including periodic updates as the employer list grows. You will be
able to contact them directly, send them your resume, and make
arrangements to meet them at the career fair. We plan to do the first
mailing to you next week, so hurry and sign up!

You must register online to attend the career fair. While we will
have a few people at the convention to help you register, we expect
many job seekers and strongly suggest you ensure your registration by
registering now. And our new system makes it easy for you to sign up.
You can do it on your smartphone.

Can you get employer contact information if you don't plan to attend
the career fair? No, since the employers registered specifically for
the career fair, not at this time. After the fair, we'll see if they
want to accept applications year round, and if so, we may be able to
develop a system to do that.  But it won't work as well as face to
face contacts. So if you can come, even for one hour, please do.

Another advantage of registering for the career fair is that it helps
us build a database of blind job seekers we can refer to employers
who are looking for people to hire. And next year, all you will have
to do is update your information. No muss, no fuss.

So please go to
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair
and sign up now.  Here's the current employer list:

Envision, Inc.
Lighthouse for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Beyond Vision
BVI Workforce Innovation Center
Industries of the Blind
The Chicago Lighthouse
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc.
Gabias Wellness Center
IFB Solutions
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
Be My Eyes
Louisiana Center for the Blind
Wells-Fargo
American Printing House for the Blind
LCI
Keystone Vocational Services
I See Music, LLC
In Sight Adventure & Travel Agency LLC
National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
BLIND, Incorporated
Bookshare/Benetech
Aira
Saavi Services for the Blind
Pearson
Industries for the Blind and Visually Impaired
National Industries for the Blind
Beyond Vision
Iowa Department for the Blind
Strategic Contact Solutions Group, Inc
New Jersey Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services
National Federation of the Blind

Just in case you forgot that link to register for the Career Fair,
here it is again:
<https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair>https://www.nfb.org/get-involved/national-convention/nfb-national-career-fair

Best wishes,
Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

<https://nfb.org/>
[]

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.