[Nfbnet-members-list] Airline Industry Secret Shopper

NAGDU President blind411 at verizon.net
Sat Sep 15 03:34:59 UTC 2018

Please circulate the following message as widely as appropriate.

Dear All,

                 The National Federation of the Blind, through its
special interest division the National Association of Guide Dog Users
is continuing its efforts to ensure that disabled airline passengers
who choose to use service animals are treated equitably and
respectfully. To this end, we have met with a number of airline
executives and with Blane Workie, Assistant General Counsel in the
Office of Aviation and Enforcement Proceedings in the Department of
Transportation.

                 Representatives of the National Federation of the
Blind and the National Association of Guide Dog Users will be meeting
with upper management of Delta for our third quarterly meeting to
assess how well they are fulfilling the terms of our agreements and
complying with the Air Carrier Access Act. Specifically, we would
like to assess how informed their Disability Customer Service
Representatives know Delta's policies concerning the carriage of
service animals in the aircraft cabin and their ability to
communicate these policies to their customers.

We are seeking individuals willing to help us with our assessment by
calling Delta's disability customer service line and ask some
specific questions. So that our assessments are valid and reliable,
we would like to discuss this initiative with those willing to make
one call and send a written narrative of the call. If you are
interested in helpin out with this effort, please join us for this meeting.

When Sunday September 16, 2018
When: 8:00 p.m. Eastern (7:00 p.m. Central; 6:00 p.m. Mountain; &
5:00 p.m. Pacific)
Call-in Number: 641-715-3300
Participant Code: 560908#

We look forward to gathering some great information to help make our
work more effective. If you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to ask on this list or send me an email directly to

<mailto:President at NAGDU.ORG>President at NAGDU.ORG

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc. (NAGDU)
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
President at NAGDU.ORG
<http://nagdu.org/>Visit our website
<http://twitter.com/nagdu>Follow us on Twitter
expectations because low expectations create barriers between
blind  people and our dreams. You can live the life you want!
Blindness is not what holds you back.