[Nfbnet-members-list] Appreciate Tactile Art; Learn about Tactile Graphics

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Tue May 15 20:34:51 UTC 2018

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11124&qid=2242255>
National Federation of the Blind Logo - Go to NFB.org

Imagineering Our Future

May 2018

blind Korean balloon artist and his wife with Mark Riccobono, R

A MESSAGE FROM OUR PRESIDENT
The world is examined and understood in many different ways. One of
the ways we explore the world, expand understanding, and develop
creativity is through art. Art has many forms and every one brings
with it a preconceived notion of what the blind will be able to
experience...<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11125&qid=2242255>read
more from President Riccobono

two blind people with canes examine a sculpture at an art exhib

TACTILE ART AND TACTILE GRAPHICS INITIATIVES "Why would a blind
person want to go to an art museum?" This misconception, based on the
low expectation that "blind people can't do art," is just one of the
barriers that the National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
is working to break
down...<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11126&qid=2242255>more
about tactile art initiatives

blind girl with cane examines a mushroom sculpture

ART IS FOR EVERYONE

The NFB, in partnership with the American Action Fund, provides
tactile art kits to parents and  teachers of blind students. We
believe starting the learning process as early as possible will help
develop a child's creativity and
imagination...<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11127&qid=2242255>more
on tactile art kits

action item graphic

ACTION ITEMS
You can listen to the "Tactile Art Podcast" and read more about the
Marrakesh
Treaty...<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11128&qid=2242255>more
about what you can do

HAPPENINGS
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11129&qid=2242255>Medicare
Information to Become Accessible to Blind Beneficiaries.
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11130&qid=2242255>National
Federation of the Blind Testifies in Support of the Marrakesh Treaty.
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11131&qid=2242255>Independence
Market Offers Three Drawing Boards.

CALENDAR

MAY
31:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11132&qid=2242255>Deadline
for preregistration for the 2018 National Convention

JUN
3:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11133&qid=2242255>NFB
6 Dot Dash, Baltimore, MD

JUL
3-8:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11134&qid=2242255>National
Convention, Orlando, FL

JUL 29-AUG
4:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11135&qid=2242255>NFB
EQ, Baltimore, MD

OCT
11-12:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11136&qid=2242255>Tactile
Graphics in Education and Careers Symposium, Baltimore, MD

NOV
13-16:
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11137&qid=2242255>BLAST
Conference, San Antonio, TX

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day
we raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We
can live the lives we want; blindness is not what holds us back.
Please join us in our work by becoming a member, attending an event,
sharing this newsletter, or supporting our programs.

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11138&qid=2242255>
Facebook Logo
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11138&qid=2242255>
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11139&qid=2242255>
Twitter Logo
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11139&qid=2242255>
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11140&qid=2242255>
Instagram Logo
 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11141&qid=2242255>
YouTube Logo
 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11142&qid=2242255>
Email Icon Image
 <https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11143&qid=2242255>
Donate to the NFB Icon.
<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=11143&qid=2242255>

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | (410) 659-9314
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=9291&qid=2242255&h=45fd2c7195d519d3>Unsubscribe

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=9291&qid=2242255&h=45fd2c7195d519d3>Opt
Out