[Nfbnet-members-list] Volunteer At The Braille Book Fair

Krystal Guillory kguillory at louisianacenter.org
Sun May 6 23:27:35 UTC 2018

From: Krystal, Coordinator, 2018 Braille Book Fair To: Supporters and
past workers at the Braille Book Fair Re: Volunteer workers
Where: NFB Convention, Orlando FL
When: Thursday, July 5, 2018
Times: 9 am through 8:30 pm (prefer 2 hour time shifts) When you
YES...I can work the following shift(s): 8:00-10:00; 10:00-12:00;
1:00-3:00; 3:00-5:00; 5:00-7:00; 7:00- 9:00
My cell phone number that I will have at convention is: I live in (state):
Braille skills (including if you read by touch or by sight as a
sighted person) Note: If you are a parent of a blind child under the
age 18 (or still in high school or below), we know that you will want
to attend the NOPBC Annual Meeting which takes place just before the
BBF, but we would welcome you to work either during the event or on
the clean-up shift after the event.
The Braille Book Fair has become one of the highlights of the
convention for many teachers, parents, blind kids, blind parents, and
adult beginning Braille readers. But the event could not take place
without the help of many dedicated, talented volunteers. And that's
where you come in. As a past worker, or simply interested supporter
of the Braille Book Fair, I hope you can either volunteer, or give me
the contact information for someone that you recommend. You do not
need to work the entire afternoon or evening, but I do ask that you
try to work an entire shift.
We especially need for people who help customers to come BEFORE we
open the doors at 5:00 pm and to commit to staying until at least
6:30 pm. Book lovers are great for this shift, as you will assist
visitors in book decisions/selections. Thanks so much for taking time
to consider this request, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
If you can help, please contact
Sandra Oliver, NOPBC Board Member at
713.825-4573 or
Sandra.Oliver at ey.com