[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB-NEWSLINE Celebrates Spring with Publications

Scott White swhite at nfb.org
Tue Apr 10 02:50:28 UTC 2018

Greetings from your NFB-NEWSLINE team! We hope spring has at last
come to your state and that you will enjoy these new additions to NFB-NEWSLINE.

First, we have something for kids: Stone Soup, a literary magazine
for children that publishes writing and art created by children from
all over the world. The magazine was founded in 1973 by college
students at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Their purpose
was to "encourage youngsters to use writing as a way to talk about
their lives." They continue to run the publication today from their
offices in Santa Cruz, California. Each issue of Stone Soup contains
stories, poems, and art by primarily 8 to 13-year-old contributors.
To read this magazine using the telephone access method, choose
option 7 for magazines and then find Stone Soup. To read this
publication using NFB-NEWSLINE mobile, choose Publications,
Publication Options, Magazines, and then find Stone Soup.

Next we offer Sports Illustrated Online. Sports has never been more
illustrated: intensity, passion, meaning, insights, drama. With
sports' best journalists, Sports Illustrated captures it all through
unparalleled access, emotional storytelling and in-depth reporting.
Sports Illustrated covers football, basketball, baseball, soccer,
hockey, golf, racing tennis and other sports. To read Sports
Illustrated Online using the telephone access method, choose 5 for
Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News Online, and then
find Sports Illustrated Online. To read Sports Illustrated Online
using NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options
and then All Publications and find Sports Illustrated Online.

Also, we have added Sporting News. Sporting News was founded in 1886
and was referred to as "The Bible of Baseball." In 1914 JG Taylor
Spink expanded the publication to add other sports. The magazine
awarded a Sportsman of the Year award from 1968 to 2008. This award
is now called Athlete of the Year. The magazine went digital only in
2013. To read this magazine using the telephone access method, choose
option 7 for magazines and then find Sporting News. To read this
publication using NFB-NEWSLINE mobile, choose Publications,
Publication Options, Magazines, and then find Sporting News.

We have added Globes Israel to our international publications. Each
evening, Globes brings its unrivaled coverage of Israeli business to
some 45,000 subscribers representing Israel's elite in management,
investment, technology, law, accounting, and marketing. From the
wealth of material in Globes, the English website team selects for
translation the news and features that will matter most to English
speaking readers. To read Globes Israel using the telephone access
method, choose 5 for Newspapers in a Different State, 6 for
International and find Globes Israel. To read Globes Israel using
NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options and
then All Publications and find Globes Israel.

We have added Science X, a leading web-based science, research and
technology news service which covers a full range of topics. These
include physics, earth science, medicine, nano technology,
electronics, space, biology, chemistry, computer sciences,
engineering, mathematics and other sciences and technologies. Science
X publishes approximately 100 quality articles every day, offering
some of the most comprehensive coverage of sci-tech developments
world-wide. To read Science X using the telephone access method,
choose 5 for Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News Online,
and then find Science X. To read Science X using NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile,
choose Publications, Publication Options and then All Publications
and find Science X.

We have also added Medical Xpress, a web-based medical and health
news service that press features the most comprehensive coverage in
medical research and health news in the fields of neuroscience,
cardiology, cancer, HIV/AIDS, psychology, psychiatry, dentistry,
genetics, diseases and conditions, medications and more. To read
Medical Xpress using the telephone access method, choose 5 for
Newspapers in Another State, 1 for Breaking News Online, and then
find Medical Xpress. To read Medical Xpress using NFB-NEWSLINE
Mobile, choose Publications, Publication Options and then All
Publications and find Medical Xpress.

And lastly we add the Concord Monitor in New Hampshire. The Concord
Monitor is the daily newspaper for Concord, the state capital of New
Hampshire. It also covers surrounding towns in Merrimack, most of
Belknap county, as well as portions of Grafton, Rockingham and
Hillsborough counties. The Monitor has several times been named as
one of the best small papers in America and in April 2008, the
Monitor became a Pulitzer Prize winning paper, when photographer
Preston Gannaway was honored for feature photography. To read the
Concord Monitor using the telephone access method if you are a New
Hampshire resident, choose 2 for Newspapers in Your State and find
the Concord Monitor. To read the Concord Monitor if you are not a New
Hampshire subscriber, choose 5 for Newspapers in a Different State,
find New Hampshire and then choose Concord Monitor. To read the
Concord Monitor using NFB-NEWSLINE Mobile, choose Publications,
Publication Options and then All Publications and find the Concord Monitor.

We hope you enjoy these publications along with the warmer spring weather.

Your NFB-NEWSLINE team.

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.