[Nfbnet-members-list] 63rd Annual NFB Colorado Convention

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri Oct 27 01:27:50 UTC 2017

Greetings everyone, I invite you to participate
in the 63rd Annual Convention of the National
Federation of the Blind of Colorado occurring
this weekend.  We will stream general sessions
and the Banquet.  The first session starts
tomorrow Friday, October 27 at 11:00 am Mountain
time.  The link for our streaming  is:
<http://cent6.directhostingcenter.com:2199/tunein/eomuiimi.pls>http://cent6.directhostingcenter.com:2199/tunein/eomuiimi.pls

I have pasted  below our agenda.  Additionally,
if you still want a crack at Amazing Colorado
Raffle tickets with prizes of $2500, $1000, and
$500, online sales are closed but we can take
phone orders.  Send me an email at
<mailto:slabarre at labarrelaw.com>slabarre at labarrelaw.com
or call me on my cell 303 520-3584, or text me at
that same number.      I will make sure someone
calls you and has the equipment to process your
card.  We draw those tickets Saturday evening
about 8:00 pm Mountain time and you need not be present to win.

Cheers,
Scott

AGENDA

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

63rd Annual State Convention
October 26 – October 29, 2017

Fort Collins Hilton
425 West Prospect Road
Fort Collins, CO 80526
Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT!

Scott C. LaBarre, President
2233 W. Shepperd Avenue
Littleton, CO 80120
303-778-1130

NFBCO Logo K Rect for ticket 2

NFB PLEDGE

   I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the
   National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality,
   opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the
   policies and programs of the Federation and to abide
   by its constitution.

NFB MESSAGE

   The National Federation of the Blind knows that
   blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or
   your future. Every day we raise the expectations of
   blind people, because low expectations create
   obstacles between blind people and their dreams.
   You can live the life you want; blindness is not what
   holds you back.

TRIBUTE TO OUR SPONSORS

We extend our sincerest gratitude to our Title Sponsor;
Colorado Center for the Blind.

Since 1988, the CCB has been changing what it
means to be blind one life at a time.  The Center
has provided world class blindness training to
students from all over the world.  Contact Julie
Deden, Executive Director,
<mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org>jdeden at cocenter.org,
303-778-1130.  Also visit
<http://www.cocenter.org/>www.cocenter.org for more information.

WE ALSO THANK OUR TITANIUM, GOLD AND SILVER SPONSORS:

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor
Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor
Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor
LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor
WE Fit Wellness, Gold Sponsor
Colorado Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center, Silver Sponsor

GENERAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION

REGISTRATION:
Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III
Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Registration Fee:                                   $25.00
Friday Luncheon:                                   $30.00
Saturday Lunch:                                    $30.00

Saturday Banquet:                                 $45.00

CHILDCARE INFORMATION:
Please contact childcare coordinator, Rebekah Felix,
719-306-5151 to make arrangements.

Childcare will be held in Hospitality Suite #232.

Friday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Parents must provide meals for their children.

Saturday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m.  Parents must provide lunch for their children.
Childcare will re-open at 6:30 p.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.

Sunday:  Childcare will be open from 8:45 a.m. to Noon.

DOG RELIEF AREA INFORMATION:

 From the last automatic door on the West side
entrance to the hotel go 23 feet (straight ahead)
and on the left/South and the right/North are two
mulch areas for dog relief. On the left on the
rock pillar are “poopy pouches” on a dispenser
attached about 5 feet up on the West side. On the
left and right are also two outdoor trash
receptacles. The one with a 3 foot hole is for
recyclables and the one with the 8 inch hole is
for trash/waste. The mulch to the right extends
to the wall on the outside pool deck and on the
left the mulch extends out to the 10 foot round gazebo.

DOOR PRIZES:

Julie Deden serves as our Door Prize
Chairwoman.  Door Prizes will be drawn in general
Convention session and you must be present to
win.  Please bring your prizes to Julie prior to
the beginning of general sessions.

RECYCLING LANYARDS AND NAME BADGE HOLDERS

If you do not care to keep your Convention
lanyard and name badge holder, do please drop
them off on the registration table at the
ballroom entry as Convention winds down.  We will
be able to use them for future Conventions.

EXHIBITS:

Exhibits will be open in the Hilton Atrium
throughout the entire Convention at the
discretion of the individual exhibitor and
primarily when there aren't competing Convention
activities. The times listed below are definitely
scheduled and it is likely that exhibits will
also be open during breakout sessions, especially on Friday.

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Please stop to visit the following exhibitors and sponsors:

AIRA Tech, Exhibitor
AKB Visions for NanoPac, Inc., Exhibitor
Ambron Products, Exhibitor
Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor
BAUM USA, Exhibitor
Blind Tech Training, Exhibitor
Charter Communications, Gold Sponsor
Colorado Business Enterprise Program, Exhibitor
Colorado Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center, Silver Sponsor
Guide Dogs for the Blind, Exhibitor
Guiding Eyes for the Blind, Exhibitor
HumanWare, Exhibitor
LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor
MagniSight, Inc., Exhibitor
No Barriers: Leading the Way, Exhibitor
University of Maine, Exhibitor
US Association of Blind Athletes, Exhibitor
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor
WE Fit Wellness, Gold Sponsor

Special thanks to Learning Ally for their support of this year’s convention.

Note:  This year we will again be conducting a
door prize drawing for all those who can prove
that they have visited at least twelve
exhibitors.  You will be given a sheet to which
exhibitors will affix a sticker.  When your sheet
has twelve stickers return it to Lorinda Riddle
and it will be placed in a drawing for a nice prize.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 26, 2017

1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
FIND YOUR TALENT: PATHWAY TO POSSIBILITIES
         Salons I & V

1:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Welcome, review schedule and overview of the path that led to this seminar

Master of Ceremony team: Kevan Worley and Julia Zanon

2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Career Pathways, Sector Partnerships, Talent
Found, Competencies assessment and what employers need
Presenters Jeff Sidders and Renise Walker
Built in time for Q and A

3:00 p.m.
BREAK

3:15 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
TWO TRACKS

Track I:  EXPANDING YOUR TALENT POOL
(for employers, WFC staff, educators, job placement vendors)
The theme of this track is Blindness Awareness
Presenters Julie Deden and Laverne Dell

Track II: MAKING THE MOST OF MY TALENT
(for job seekers)
Special guests Ryan Mehaffey and Ethan Hollinger
from Blind Institute of Technology

The theme is resources, strategies, brainstorming careers
Presenters Jeff Sidders and Monique Melton

THURSDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 26, 2017

5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
NETWORKING PATHWAYS
NETWORKING RECEPTION
         Salon II

Enjoy hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar while
networking with your Federation colleagues and
those participating in the employment seminar.

7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
NFBCO MOVIE NIGHT
         Salons I & V

We will screen the new hour long documentary,
“Do You Dream in Color?”

You are invited to share the story of four blind
teenagers as they struggle to navigate the low
expectations they confront in school and society.
Connor wants to be a sponsored skateboarder.
Sarah wants to travel the world. Nick dreams of
being a rock star. Carina wants to be the first
member of her family to graduate high school.

For their work on this project, filmmakers Sarah
Ivy and Abigail Fuller received a $15,000 Jacob
Bolotin award at the 2017 National Federation of
the Blind Convention for outstanding
contributions toward achieving the full
integration of the blind into society on the
basis of equality. We will hold an informative
discussion after the movie has concluded. Popcorn
and a cash bar will be available at this picture show.

FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2017

8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION
                 Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III

Pick up your pre-registration packets and
register for door prize drawings.  If you didn't
register in advance, Convention Registration is
$25.00, Friday Luncheon $30.00, Saturday Luncheon $30.00, and Banquet $45.00.

8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS SHOWCASE
Hilton Atrium

Peruse this year’s selection of Convention
Sponsors and Exhibitors and find out what is new
in technology, products, and services.  In
particular, we want to salute our Title Sponsor, Colorado Center for the Blind.

8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
         RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE
                 Salon I

         Brent Batron and Dan Burke, Co-chairmen

8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
NFB OF COLORADO KID CORRAL
Hospitality Suite #232
Bekah Felix, Corral Leader

This is our NFB of Colorado Childcare and it’s
not just babysitting.  Bekah has planned a number
of activities to keep the kiddos busy.  Although
there is no charge for Corral, we ask that you
register your children for the
Convention.  Donations to NFBCO are welcome to
help defray the expenses.  Kids in childcare will
be eligible to receive door prizes through their
parents if their names are called.  Also, parents
are responsible for providing the children with
meals, except for the banquet when pizza will be
provided to the kiddos.  Snacks will be available throughout.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION I
Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

11:00 a.m.
WELCOME, LOGISTICS, AND OPENING CEREMONIES

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado,
Centennial, Colorado; Cerridwyn Nordstrom,
President, Fort Collins Chapter, NFB Colorado,
Fort Collins, Colorado; Cathy Jackson, Member,
NFB Board of Directors, President, NFB Kentucky,
Louisville, Kentucky; Alexander LaBarre and Emily
LaBarre, Centennial, Colorado; Michelle (Showe)
Trela, Treasurer, NFB Denver, Centennial, Colorado

11:15 a.m.
SERVING THE BLIND AND LOW VISION IN NORTHERN COLORADO

Denny Moyer, CEO/President, Ensight Skills Center
Inc. for Visual Rehabilitation and Curtis Strong
Center for the Visually Impaired, Fort Collins, Colorado

11:30 a.m.
REACHING NEW HEIGHTS AND ACHIEVING TRUE SUCCESS
AT THE BLINDNESS AND LOW VISION UNIT

Steve Anton, Director, Colorado Division of
Vocational Rehabilitation, Denver, Colorado;
Julia Zanon, Manager, Blindness and Low Vision Unit, Denver, Colorado

12:00 p.m. to 12:30 p.m.
LUNCHEON: Commenced, Served, and Consumed

Jessica Beecham, Mistress of Ceremonies,
Secretary, NFB Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado

12:30 p.m.
PRESENTING THE 2017 NFBCO SCHOLARSHIP CLASS

Jessica Beecham, Chair, NFBCO Scholarship Committee, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Pipi Adams
Englewood, Colorado
Nutrition Therapy Institute, Denver
Personal Chef with an emphasis on Holistic Nutrition
Dora Lopez
Greeley, Colorado.
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
Rehabilitation Counseling

Tabea Meyer
Littleton, Colorado
University of Denver
Masters in Social Work

Ashley Neybert
Greeley, Colorado
University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
Masters of Chemistry

Maureen Nietfeld
Littleton, Colorado
Metropolitan State University of Denver
Human Nutrition and Dietetics

12:40 p.m.
WHAT’S UP AT THE COLORADO TALKING BOOK LIBRARY

Debbi MacLeod, Director, Colorado Talking Book Library, Denver, Colorado

12:55 p.m.
AIN’T IT GREAT?
A Report from Audio Information of Colorado

David Dawson, Executive Director, AINC, Boulder, Colorado

1:10 p.m.
LEADING DISABILITY RIGHTS ATTORNEY AND EMERGING POLITICAL FORCE

Carrie Ann Lucas, Executive Director and Founder,
Disabled Parents Rights, Candidate, Windsor Town Board, Windsor, Colorado

1:25 p.m.
COLORADO ASSOCIATION FOR EDUCATION AND
REHABILITATION OF THE BLIND AND VISUALLY IMPAIRED: What’s the Latest

Brent Batron, President, CAER, Centennial, Colorado

1:35 p.m.
HOW WE ARE CHANGING ACADEMIC LEARNING FOR THE
BLIND AND LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT

Darick R. Williamson NOMC, NCRTB Instructor
Louisiana Tech University/Louisiana Center for the Blind

1:45 p.m.  ADJOURN

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 27, 2017

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

TACTILE GRAPHICS SEMINAR
2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. – Session 1
                 Salon I

Julie Deden, Ann Cunningham and others

This seminar is about tactile literacy, the idea
that through the sense of touch blind children
and adults can experience art, maps, graphs and
other objects that can open up the world around
them.  In this hands-on seminar we will explore
ways to develop tactile literacy and integrate it
into the classroom and the world beyond.

TACTILE GRAPHICS SEMINAR
3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. – Session 2
         Salon I

ACCESSING SCIENCE'S FULL INTEGRATION FOR BLIND STUDENTS

Ashley Neybert, Graduate student in Chemistry
University of Northern Colorado and Daniel Burke,
College Preparation Instructor, Colorado Center for the Blind

Participants will learn about technology and
alternative techniques that blind scientists use
in a number of scientific fields. We will have hands on demonstrations.
2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
2017 NFBCO TECHNOLOGY SEMINAR
         Salon V

Chip Johnson, Technology Instructor, CCB

Join us for the technology seminar and learn
about what’s new in iOS 11. We'll also discuss
apps you can use to read printed material and
identify products with your smart phone. Finally,
we'll give participants an opportunity to ask
technology-related questions and discuss new apps
and the latest assistive technology.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
         SENIOR DIVISION ANNUAL MEETING:
         Live the Life You Want As a Senior
                 Rams Room

Diane McGeorge, President
NFBCO Senior Division

We have a lot planned for our Friday meeting. We
will be discussing Senior living options in the
Fort Collins area as well as throughout the
state, where you can obtain mobility training
from a certified instructor in the use of a white
cane and the use of a guide dog. We will also
discuss the importance of good brain health and
understanding how the brain works as we age.

The old saying “you can't teach an old dog new
tricks” is absolutely not true. Our speakers are
dynamic well informed professionals. Bring your
ideas to share with seniors throughout our state. We want to see you there.

Elections will be held.  Dues are $5.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
BLIND PARENTS DIVISION
                 Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

Nate Trela, President, Englewood, Colorado

Nate Trela, Englewood, Colorado; Cathy Jackson,
Louisville, Kentucky; Dan Burke, Littleton,
Colorado; Nathan Hecker, Grand Junction, Colorado

Come in to talk about the rights of blind
parents, how the NFB is protecting them, being an
active grandparent, raising school-aged kids and
the adjustment to parenting after becoming blind.
Join today and vote in our election.
2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
         DROP-IN ART ROOM
                 Research Room, 2nd Floor

Free for All! Come and get creative. Play with
clay or have fun making a tactile drawing, cut,
paste and color! Be sure to check out the
American Action Fund's wonderful new Tactile Art Kit.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
             GUIDE DOG LOUNGE
                         Vet Medicine Room, 2nd Floor

Considering a guide dog? Want to go for a test
drive? Drop by the Guide Dog Lounge! Bring your questions
and mingle with experienced users as well as
staff from various training programs. Nail
trimming also available for $1 donation to COAGDU.

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COLORADO PARENTS OF BLIND CHILDREN
             Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

NETWORKING INCREASES YOUR CHILD’S NET WORTH

Parents will have the chance to share ideas and
experiences with one another.  We will also have a
panel of blind adults who will share the experiences that
shaped them into successful blind adults.
We want to assist you in understanding the
importance of setting high expectations for your child,
both in the classroom and at home.  Help your child
achieve age appropriate goals as they prepare for their
future, no matter what their age.

FRIDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 27, 2017

7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
         NOMINATING COMMITTEE
                 Natural Resources Room, 2nd Floor
         Julie Deden, Chairperson

(Note: This is the only closed meeting of the
Convention.  Only appointed representatives
from chapters and divisions are permitted to
be in attendance.)

7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
FRIDAY FUN: GAMES AND ADVENTURES!
         Salons II and III

Get ready for Friday night fun with our chapters
and divisions. Whether you are looking for an
exciting adventure or a fun evening socializing
with friends, there is something for everyone.
Hang on for a wild ride on the mechanical bull,
compete with friends on the bungee run, knock
down pins in the human bowling, and enjoy board
games. Don't forget to place your bet for the
annual NFBCO Sports and Rec horse race!

A cash bar will be available throughout the evening.

SATURDAY MORNING OCTOBER 28, 2017

8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION
Colorado State Ballroom Foyer Salons II & III

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS EXCLUSIVE
SHOWCASE
Hilton Atrium

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION II
Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

9:00 a.m.
GOOD MORNING AND THE DAY’S LOGISTICS

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

9:05 a.m.
LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT THROUGHOUT AMERICA AND THE WORLD: A National Report
Cathy Jackson, Member, NFB Board of Directors,
President, NFB Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky

9:35 a.m.
MY FIFTY-TWO YEARS IN THE FEDERATION: Reflections on an Amazing Journey

James Gashel, Secretary, NFB Board of Directors,
Avon, Colorado

10:00 a.m.
TRANSFORMING OUR DREAMS INTO REALITY HERE IN COLORADO: A Presidential Report

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

10:30 a.m.
LIVING THE LIFE I WANT AND REALIZING MY FULL
POTENTIAL WHILE CONQUERING SOME OF THE WORLD’S
MOST DIFFICULT CHALLENGE ACTIVITIES

Jessica Beecham, Secretary, NFB Colorado, Program
Director, WE Fit Wellness, Colorado Springs, Colorado

10:55 a.m.
BREAK

11:10 a.m.
RINGING THE BELL CLEARLY AND LOUDLY IN COLORADO

Michelle Chacon, Director, NFB Colorado BELL Academies, Las Cruces, New Mexico

11:30 a.m.
GETTING OLDER AND GOING BLIND DOESN'T MEAN WE
HAVE TO STOP LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT: A Report from Our Senior Program

Diane McGeorge, President, NFB Colorado, Senior
Division, Littleton Colorado; Duncan Larsen,
Director of Senior Programs, Colorado Center for
the Blind, Littleton, Colorado

12:00 p.m.
A NEW TOOL IN THE TOOL BOX: AIRA, WHAT IS IT AND HOW DOES IT WORK?

Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFB Colorado, CEO,
Worley Enterprises, Colorado Springs, Colorado

12:10 p.m.
TWENTY-NINE YEARS OF LIVING THE LIVES WE WANT AT
THE COLORADO CENTER FOR THE BLIND

Julie Deden, First Vice President, NFB Colorado,
Executive Director, CCB, Centennial, Colorado

12:45 p.m.
MY BLINDNESS MYSELF

Three Federationists will share their inspiring
stories about their blindness and the
Federation’s role in allowing them to live the lives they want.

1:30 p.m.
BREAKING UP IS SO EASY TO DO

Grab your boxed lunch and head toward our afternoon seminars.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 28, 2017

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS
                Salon I

Melissa, Green, President, COAGDU
Greeley, Colorado

Colorado association of guide dog users annual
business meeting, seminar, and fun match. If you
are a guide dog handler or are thinking about a
guide dog, join us! We don't bite. Learn tips and
tricks, discuss grooming and health, and take
part in our first fun match. Guide dog handler
teams will go through their paces in a number of
performance categories in front of judges from leading guide dog schools.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COLORADO ASSOCIATION FOR EDUCATION AND
REHABILITATION OF THE BLIND AND VISUALLY
IMPAIRED: Discovering Structured Discovery
                 Salon V

         Brent Batron, President, CAER, Centennial, Colorado

Session I – 2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
CAER invites you to attend a seminar on structured
discovery cane travel. The first part is all about the
basics in the way in which NFB Centers teach cane
travel. This session will integrate non-traditional
teaching into the traditional teaching model.

Session II – 3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
In this session participants will receive a more in-depth
experience as you will travel outside of the hotel into
the surrounding area. CAER is proud to partner with
the NFB of Colorado to expand the knowledge base of
CAER members. Professionals will receive professional
development hours through ACVREP.

The cost for this seminar is separate from
convention registration.  For CAER members the
cost is $10 and $20 for non-members.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS BUSINESS MEETING
         Rams Room

Anna Givens, President, CABS
Denver, Colorado

We gladly welcome students, teachers, parents, or
anyone interested in the well-being of blind high
school and college students. We'll be teaching
you how to advocate for yourself at school and in
your life through hearing experiences of others
and doing some fun activities. We want to see how
we can help throughout the year. This is an
excellent place to meet, socialize, and network
with other blind students and mentors.
$5 registration.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION MEETING
         Aggie Room, 2nd Floor

Maureen Nietfeld, President, Sports and
Recreation Division, Littleton, Colorado

Come join the sports and recreation division to
share your journey with wellness and exercise!
Whether you are an avid runner or just getting
started, we want to hear from you. Participate in
a lively open discussion around advocacy in the
gym and help us outline our goals for 2018. We hope to see you there!!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
         DROP-IN ART ROOM
                 Research Room, 2nd Floor

Free for All! Come and get creative. Play with
clay or have fun making a tactile drawing, cut,
paste and color! Be sure to check out the
American Action Fund's wonderful new Tactile Art Kit.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
NON-24 CIRCADIAN RHYTHM DISORDER EDUCATION PROGRAM
                 Natural Resources Room, 2nd Floor

Sponsored by Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.

Come learn more about a debilitating disorder
called Non-24 from our nurse educator expert –
Shauna Jatho. Non-24 is a serious, chronic
circadian rhythm disorder that is very common in
people who are totally blind. Non-24 causes
nighttime sleep problems and a wide range of
daytime difficulties, including an overwhelming
urge to sleep during the day affecting the ability to do everyday tasks.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals is a global
biopharmaceutical company focused on the
development and commercialization of innovative
therapies to address high unmet medical needs and
improve the lives of patients.

3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS
                         Vet Medicine Room, 2nd Floor

Bradly Basta, President
Colorado Association of Blind Merchants
Golden, Colorado

We will be discussing the ways in which we can
strengthen and grow our BEP program and other
entrepreneurs in Colorado, and many topics pertaining to this.

SATURDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 28, 2017

6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
         PRE-BANQUET RECEPTION
Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

Let’s get tuned up for our Annual Banquet with a
cash bar and socializing with one another.

7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
         ANNUAL BANQUET

Master of Ceremonies
Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFBCO
Colorado Springs, Colorado

KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Cathy Jackson, Member, NFB Board of Directors; President, NFB of Kentucky

NFB OF COLORADO SCHOLARSHIP    PRESENTATIONS

Jessica Beecham, Chairperson, Committee on Scholarships
Colorado Springs, Colorado

AWARDS AND OTHER SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS

Scott C. LaBarre, President
NFB of Colorado

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION
Maryann Migliorelli, NFB of Colorado Auction Chairperson
         PAC IT UP!
         Monique Melton, NFB of Colorado PAC Chairperson

        NFB OF COLORADO AMAZING RAFFLE DRAWING

SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 29, 2017

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION III
Colorado State Ballroom Salons II & III

8:00 a.m.
NFB COLORADO ANNUAL CHAPTER AND DIVISION BREAKFAST

Julie Deden, Mistress of Ceremonies, First Vice
President, NFB Colorado and Executive Director, CCB, Centennial, Colorado

We will dine on a scrumptious breakfast and hear
reports from all chapters and divisions of the
NFB of Colorado. We will also be honored to hear
a report from Kathryn Webster, President, of the
National Association of Blind Students.

9:25 a.m.
LAST GENERAL SESSION

Brent Batron, Facilitator, Second Vice President,
NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

9:30 a.m.
PROTECTING AND ADVANCING THE RIGHT OF THE BLIND TO PARENT

Carla McQuillan, Member, NFB Board of Directors,
President, NFB Oregon, Eugene, Oregon; Nate
Trela, President, NFB Colorado Blind Parents Division, Centennial, Colorado

9:50 a.m.
THE BRAND NEW NFB APP

Rachel Olivero (remote appearance), Director of
NFB Organizational Technology, Baltimore, Maryland

10:05 a.m.
THE LATEST AND GREATEST IN NFB NEWSLINE®

Chip Johnson, NFBCO Newsline® Coordinator, Englewood, Colorado

10:20 a.m.
NFB COLORADO BUSINESS SESSION

We will take up resolutions, conduct elections
for our Board of Directors, review our financial
report, and facilitate the Honor Roll Call of Chapters and Divisions.

11:47 a.m.
ADJOURN