[Nfbnet-members-list] Your help needed! Monitor Uber and Lyft compliance with service animal agreements

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Tue May 9 01:36:19 UTC 2017

Dear fellow Federationists:

The National Federation of the Blind has created a rideshare testing
program to measure Lyft and Uber's efforts to eliminate driver
discrimination against riders with guide dogs or service animals.
Recent agreements with these two major ridesharing companies require
the National Federation of the Blind to provide feedback, over the
next three to five years, on the efforts they have agreed to
undertake to prevent discrimination against service animal users.

Here's where you come in. If you use Uber or Lyft and have a service
animal or travel with someone who has a service animal, we need your
help. Fill out our online questionnaire after your next Uber or Lyft
ride, and as often as you can after that. We would love feedback from
regular Uber and Lyft users at least once a month, about both
positive and negative experiences. You will find the questionnaire at
<https://nfb.org/rideshare-test>https://nfb.org/rideshare-test.

Extensive information about the program is available in the May issue
of the Braille Monitor. You can also visit
<https://nfb.org/rideshare>nfb.org/rideshare for more information,
including an extensive FAQ, information on how to report
discrimination to Uber and Lyft directly as well as through our
questionnaire, and a list of the questions we'll ask so you can be
thinking about them when you take your next ride.

Please share this information with fellow Uber and Lyft users with
guide dogs or other service animals, including non-members of the
National Federation of the Blind.

If you have questions that are not answered by the resources above,
contact Valerie Yingling, Legal Program Coordinator, at the National
Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute, at (410) 659-9314
extension 2440, or <mailto:vyingling at nfb.org>vyingling at nfb.org.

Thanks in advance for your assistance with this important effort.

Sincerely,

The National Federation of the Blind Communications Team

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, Ext. 2330 | cdanielsen at nfb.org
Twitter: @rlawyer

<https://nfb.org/>
National Federation of the Blind

                          <http://www.facebook.com/nationalfederationoftheblind>
Facebook
     <https://twitter.com/NFB_Voice>
Twitter
     <https://www.youtube.com/NationsBlind>
Youtube

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.