[Nfbnet-members-list] 2017 NFB Community Service Division Convention Service Project

Darian Smith, President, National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division president at nfbcommunityservice.org
Sat May 6 20:42:30 UTC 2017

	Greetings,

The National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division is excited to tell you that we, along with Green Up Orlando <http://www.cityoforlando.net/parks/green/>, will be offering the opportunity to participate in a park beautification community service project. This service project will be a part of the various activities and events set to take place during the 77th convention of the National Federation of the Blind and will be unique in that we as blind people from across the nation will be taking an active role in beautifying a public space while demonstrating the teamwork, alternative techniques, and positive blindness philosophy that exemplify everything we are and do in the National Federation of the Blind.
Date: July 10, 2017
Location: Bill Frederick Park at Turkey Lake <http://www.cityoforlando.net/parks/bill-frederick-park-turkey-lake/>
3401 S Hiawassee Road, Orlando, Florida 32835
Time: 7:45 AM-1:30 PM (includes transportation to and from the hotel)
Tasks may include, but are not limited to, trash pick up and mulching.
Transportation will be provided by the Community Service Division, and water and morning snacks will be provided by Green Up Orlando. Please bring lunch and a reusable water bottle.
  For more information, and to register for this project please visit: http://www.nfbcommunityservice.org/2017_convention_service_project.
 Further questions? contact info at nfbcommunityservice.org