[Nfbnet-members-list] United States Secretary of Labor to Address Blind Americans

National Federation of the Blind webmaster at nfb.org
Fri Jul 7 01:16:58 UTC 2017

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:

Chris Danielsen

Director of Public Relations

National Federation of the Blind

(410) 659-9314, extension 2330

(410) 262-1281 (Cell)

<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

United States Secretary of Labor to Address Blind Americans

R. Alexander Acosta to Speak at National Federation of the Blind
National Convention in Orlando

Baltimore, Maryland (July 6, 2017): The Honorable R. Alexander
Acosta, Secretary, United States Department of Labor, will address
the annual convention of the National Federation of the Blind in
Orlando on the afternoon of Friday, July 14, at approximately 2:55
p.m. His topic will be "Building the Twenty-First Century American
Workforce: Disability Does Not Define Your Employment."

"The low expectations that society has of blind people, as well as
inaccessible workplace technology and other factors, still make
finding and retaining meaningful employment one of our primary
challenges," said Mark A. Riccobono, President of the National
Federation of the Blind. "We are delighted that Secretary Acosta is
coming to our convention to share the administration's thoughts on
this topic with the members of America's leading organization of blind people."

###

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8883&qid=1848312>
Facebook Logo

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8884&qid=1848312>
Twitter Logo

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8885&qid=1848312>
Instagram Logo

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8886&qid=1848312>
YouTube Logo

<mailto:nfb at nfb.org>
Email Icon Image

<https://nfb.org/sites/all/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=8887&qid=1848312>
Donate to the NFB Icon.

National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | (410) 659-9314
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=7179&qid=1848312&h=b7b09844ac58519f>Unsubscribe

<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=7179&qid=1848312&h=b7b09844ac58519f>Opt
Out