[Nfbnet-members-list] Registration for the 2017 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium is Now Open!
Blake, Lou Ann via BlindLaw
blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Sat Jan 14 17:55:37 UTC 2017
Registration is Now Open!
2017 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium
Disability Justice and the Supreme Court:
The Constitution and the Right to Live in the World
March 30-March 31, 2017
National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
Join leading disability and civil rights advocates from throughout
the United States to examine the application of the United States
Constitution by the Supreme Court to persons with disabilities and
explore strategies to raise the level of judicial scrutiny so that
all may achieve Dr. tenBroek's vision of equality of opportunity. The
2017 Jacobus tenBroek Disability law Symposium will consist of
plenary sessions and workshops facilitated by distinguished law
professors, practitioners, and advocates who will discuss topics such
as barriers to job application accessibility and potential legal
remedies; effective strategies for achieving digital accessibility
and communication access; criminalization of disability; and the
development of a strategy to raise the level of judicial scrutiny set
by Cleburne and Garrett.
Presenters will include:
* Samuel Bagenstos, Frank G. Millard Professor of Law,
University of Michigan Law School
* Robert Dinerstein, Professor of Law, American University
Washington College of Law
* David Ferleger, Principal, Law Office of David Ferleger
* Leslie Francis, Distinguished Professor of Law, University of
Utah College of Law
* Daniel F. Goldstein, Partner, Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
* Jasmine E. Harris, Acting Professor of Law, University of
California, Davis, School of Law
* Eve Hill, Disability Rights Attorney
* Arlene B. Mayerson, Directing Attorney, Disability Rights
Education and Defense Fund
* Kimberly Mutcherson, Vice Dean, Camden Law School East,
* Mark E. Olive, Principal, Mark E. Olive Law Office
* Robert M. Sanger, Senior Partner, Sanger Swysen & Dunkle
* Rebecca Vallas, Managing Director, Poverty to Prosperity
Program, Center for American Progress
* Michael Waterstone, Dean, Loyola Law School
* Silvia Yee, Senior Staff Attorney, Disability Rights
Education and Defense Fund
Documentation for CLE credits will be provided.
Registration fee: $175 (nonrefundable)
Student registration fee: $25 (nonrefundable)
For more information about the symposium, hotel accommodations, and
symposium sponsorship opportunities, please visit
You can register online by going to: Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law
Symposium Online Registration.
You may also download from the symposium website a registration form
to mail or fax.
For additional information, contact:
Lou Ann Blake, JD
Deputy Executive Director
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Telephone: 410-659-9314, ext. 2221
Email: lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>
Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
Deputy Executive Director, Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street, Baltimore, MD 21230
(410) 659-9314, extension 2221| lblake at nfb.org<mailto:lblake at nfb.org>
[National Federation of the Blind]<https://nfb.org/>
The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation's blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.
The information contained in this communication from the sender is
confidential. It is intended solely for use by the recipient and
others authorized to receive it. If you are not the recipient, you
are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
taking action in relation of the contents of this information is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
This email has been scanned for viruses and malware, and may have
been automatically archived by Mimecast Ltd, an innovator in Software
as a Service (SaaS) for business. Providing a safer and more useful
place for your human generated data. Specializing in; Security,
archiving and compliance. To find out more visit the Mimecast website.
More information about the NFBNet-Members-List