[Nfbnet-members-list] Career Fair at Washington Seminar

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Dec 13 23:45:17 UTC 2017

December 12, 2017

Dear Blind Jobseekers,

The National Federation of the Blind of the
District of Columbia (NFB-DC) will host our
Washington Seminar Career Fair on January 29,
2018 from 10am to 2pm at the Holiday Inn Capitol,
550 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20024. This is an
annual event targeted at Washington Seminar
attendees, but everyone else is welcome to attend too.

This is a great opportunity for those of you in
the Mid-Atlantic States to meet employers face to
face. It’s a much better way to get a job than
sending out resumes to people who never have a chance to meet you.

If you are an employer, or know of one who might
want to attend, I have attached an employer
registration form.  While the deadline is
December 15, I imagine NFB-DC will take
registrations after that date.  Contact Event
Coordinator Janice Forbes at
<mailto:janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com>janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com
for additional information.

Have a wonderful holiday season,

Dick Davis, Chair
NFB Employment Committee

2018 NFB DC Career Fair Employer Registration Package1.pdf
The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) of the
District of Columbia would like to extend an
invitation to your organization to participate in our 5th
Annual Career Fair at Washington Seminar
http://nebula.wsimg.com/81bcfea52acfa4df3fa3f3a0dde5685e?AccessKeyId=51A4EF9F9A20EA128EA4&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
http://nebula.wsimg.com/81bcfea52acfa4df3fa3f3a0dde5685e?AccessKeyId=51A4EF9F9A20EA128EA4&disposition=0&alloworigin=1
WHAT IS IT?
The Washington Seminar is an annual event of the
National Federation of the Blind to introduce the
agenda of blind Americans--the priority issues requiring
congressional attention over the coming year. The
issues are selected from official positions of
the Federation and may address concerns in the following
areas: relevant civil rights issues; educational
programs and services; rehabilitation of the
blind for competitive employment; the operation of vending
facilities by blind persons on public property;
specialized library services for the blind; the
organization and funding of federal programs; Social Security
and Supplemental Income programs; and other timely topics.
EXPECTED ATTENDANCE:
Over five hundred people from the fifty states,
the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico. Most
of those attending will be blind. Also on Monday, January
29, 2018, at the National Association of Blind
Students annual winter seminar, students from
around the nation gathered to be inspired; to be informed;
and, perhaps most of all, to prepare to take our
message of equal opportunity for the blind to Capitol Hill.
DETAILS
The Career Fair will take place
on January 29, 2018 from 10 am to 2 pm
at the Holiday Inn
Capitol,
550 C Street SW, Washington, DC 20024.
Lunch and parking are not provided.
As an employer, we urge you to attend this FREE
event to secure top candidates with commitment,
intelligence and experience who are ready to work!
Attached please find the Registration Form.
Please complete and return to me at your earliest
convenience but no later than 3 pm on Friday, December 15,
2017. If you received this flyer without the
attachment, please send an e-nail to request the
Registration Form (janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com).
Thank you!
National Federation of the Blind of DC
Janice Forbes ­ Event Coordinator
janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com
National Federation of the Blind of the District of Columbia
Washington Seminar Career Fair
January 29, 2018 10 am ­ 2 pm
Holiday Inn Capitol 550 C St. SW. Washington, DC
Career Fair
Employer / Exhibitor
Registration Form
** Exhibitor set up at 9 am **
PLEASE write Company / Agency NAME and WEBSITE as
it should appear on Exhibitor List
Company/Agency NAME:
WEBSITE: ___________________________
ADDRESS:

CITY: __________________________________________
STATE: _____________ ZIP CODE: _____________
PRIMARY CONTACT FOR EXHIBITOR INFORMATION
NAME:
TITLE: ______________
ADDRESS:

CITY: _________________________________________
STATE: _____________ ZIP CODE: _____________
E-MAIL:______________________________________
PHONE: __________________ FAX: ______________
Do you have any Summer Intern programs available? ? No ?Yes
Web Address for Current Openings: ____________________________________
Current Openings:

Please complete this form and EMAIL to
janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com before December 15, 2017.
For more information about NFB Washington Seminar, please visit:
www.nfb.org/washington-seminar
For more information about NFB of DC, please visit:
www.nfbofdc.org/
If you have questions, please contact Janice Forbes at
janiceforbes2012 at gmail.com