[Nfbnet-members-list] Expand Your Reading Horizons with NFB-NEWSLINE

Scott White swhite at nfb.Org
Wed Nov 23 17:30:10 UTC 2016

November 22, 2016

KNFB Reader wants you to make the print yours and expand your
horizons. KNFB Reader is a mobile app that reads print aloud. It's
easy to use: take a photo and the app reads the text aloud in clear
synthetic speech. And it's fast: the print will be yours almost instantly.

One new KNFB Reader user said, "I had a minor medical procedure
yesterday and upon discharge I was given a pile of papers which
included my reported results. For the first time in my life, I was
able to read my report in privacy and independently. If you are still
wondering whether to buy this app, all I can say is that for me it
was a good investment. I can imagine myself using the KNFB reader on
a daily basis."

The app is fully accessible thanks to Voiceover, Google TalkBack, and
app functionalities that guide the blind user in independently taking
the perfect picture. The app can currently recognize text in nineteen
different languages and is compatible with connected Braille
displays. To buy KNFB Reader visit www.knfbreader.com or visit the
App Store or the Google Play Store.

It makes a great gift! Plus it's on sale 35% off (that's $64.99 USD)
from November 25-29!

NFB-NEWSLINE has expanded with a dozen new publications!

1.Athlon Sports (magazine) is the sports fan's better living
playbook. Athlon Sports and Life reaches loyal and engaged people
looking for must-have tools to better their busy lives.

2.Bon Appetit (magazine) focuses on what's current and stylish while
still giving readers valuable cooking tools and tips. Bon Appetit
offers "life through the lens of food" cooking in, dining out,
culture, travel, entertainment, shopping, and design.

3.Brides (magazine) is an in-depth resource for brides-to-be, with
many photographs and articles on wedding dresses, cakes, ceremonies,
receptions, and honeymoons.

4.Capital Gazette (Maryland) The Capital, the Maryland Gazette, and
their sister publications have been composed and printed for more
than two hundred and seventy years in numerous locations in and near
Annapolis. The Capital Gazette is an online publication comprising
material from these newspapers.

5.Car and Driver (magazine) is an automotive enthusiast magazine. The
magazine is notable for its irreverent tone and habit of "telling it
like it is." Car and Driver publishes its top ten picks each year in
its Car and Driver 10 Best.

6.Consumer Reports (magazine) is a nonprofit organization dedicated
to unbiased product testing, consumer-oriented research, public
education, and advocacy. The magazine accepts no advertising, pays
for all the products it tests, and, as a nonprofit organization, has
no shareholders

7.Discover (magazine) The latest news, theories, and developments in
the world of science; compelling stories and breakthroughs in health,
medicine, and the mind; environmental issues and their relevance to
daily life; cutting-edge technology and its impact on our future;
thought-provoking articles from award-winning editors, opinion
makers, Nobel laureates, and renegade scientists.

8.GQ (magazine) is the definitive men's magazine, with style advice
and tips, sexy women, entertainment and culture news, interviews, and more.

9.Information Week (magazine) is a digital magazine which conducts
corresponding face-to-face events, virtual events, and research.
InformationWeek.com encompasses nine technology and vertical
communities: Strategic CIO, Software, Cloud, Mobile, Big Data,
Security, Infrastructure, Government, and Healthcare.

10.MIT Tech Review (magazine) is the first to report on important new
technologies that will affect your organization, your career, and
your life, providing an intelligent, lucid, and authoritative filter
for the overwhelming flood of information about technology. Known for
the TR35, an annual list of the top thirty-five innovators in the
world under the age of thirty-five.

11.Prevention (magazine) is a healthy lifestyle magazine started in
1950 and one of the largest circulating magazines in the country. The
range of subjects includes food, nutrition, workouts, beauty, and cooking.

12.Spry Living (magazine) is a resource for common-sense health,
wellness, and lifestyle advice and inspiring real-life success stories.

We hope you will take advantage of these two great opportunities to
expand your horizons.

Your NFB-NEWSLINE Team