[Nfbnet-members-list] New Lists on NFBNet

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Mon Nov 7 02:47:40 UTC 2016

I am pleased to be able to announce seven new lists
which have been added to the NFBNET.ORG server in the recent past..
They include:

* NFB of Richmond Virginia list (announce-only)
* NFB of Delaware
* NFB of California, San Fernando Valley Chapter
* NFB of Florida, Jacksonville Chapter
* Kentucky Entrepreneurs
* Kentucky Sports and Recreation
* NFB of New Mexico, (announce-only)

Below is information on the purpose of each list, and how to subscribe.

nfbv-richmond-announce at nfbnet.org,

This is an announce-only list for the Richmond Chapter of the NFB of Virginia.
It will carry messages of interest to chapter members and friends,
and others interested in Chapter Activities.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to:
nfbv-richmond-announce-request at nfbnet.org and put the word subscribe
on the subject line by itself.

nfb-of-delaware at nfbnet.org,

The purpose of the list is to easily distribute information among
our members in the National Federation of the Blind of Delaware, as well as
other who might want to join the list.
Information that can be posted to the list includes:
Information about chapter meetings, affiliate board meetings, ( meeting
dates, and locations, Fundraisers we are doing in our affiliate.
Information about National NFB events such as workshops ETC. and
National and state convention information.
There may also be postings to the list of current jobs that are
available in Delaware and areas around us.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to nfb-of-delaware-request at nfbnet.org and put the word
subscribe on the subject line by itself.

nfbc-sfv at nfbnet.org,

The purpose of the NFB of California San Fernando Valley Chapter  list is to
promote chapter meetings, events and activities.
To keep members informed, and allow members to discuss information
back and forth.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to nfbc-sfv-request at nfbnet.org and put the word
subscribe on the subject line by itself.

nfbf-jacksonville at nfbnet.org,

The purpose of the NFB of Florida Jacksonville Chapter email list is
to organize all members in to one centralized place.
If the President, secretary, or any other board member needs to
distribute information to the chapter,
all they need is one email address. They can stay up to date on
chapter events and other news.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to nfbf-jacksonville-request at nfbnet.org and put the
word subscribe on the subject line by itself.

nfbkentrepreneurs at nfbnet.org,

The purpose of the NFB of Kentucky Entrepreneurs  list is to provide a forum
for engaging in discussions, sharing information and resources that
will put the members of this division on a path to understanding
and developing entrepreneurial keys to success. There will also
occasionally be announcements of interest to the NFB and the NFB of Kentucky.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to nfbkentrepreneurs_request at nfbnet.org and put the
word subscribe on the subject line by itself.

nfbksportsandrec at nfbnet.org,

This list has been created for the Sports and Recreation Division of NFBK
to act as a forum for members and interested parties to share
information about events and activities
in the state of Kentucky that will encourage each of us to get out in
our communities and be active.
We recognize and embrace the idea that we have a very diverse
spectrum of participants.
We want to encourage any activity that gets you out and moving, from
mini-golf to mini-marathons.
The more people that know about what is available in their area the
more opportunities they have to become involved.
We encourage members to post information on activities they know
about in their area.
We will also be posting activities organized by Sports and Rec of NFBKY.
We truly see it as a way to share not only information on activities,
but as a forum
to share our ideas, experiences, and what we have learned as active
blind people.
Many blind people are interested in trying an activity, or sport, but
are uncertain
how to start or how to adapt when necessary. We hope through this
group to be able
to share our own experiences, things that have worked and things that
have not.
We are not experts, but we are persons who are blind and together we
can be a sounding board, support, and a resource for one another.

To subscribe to the list either go to:

or send e-mail to nfbksportsandrec-request at nfbnet.org and put the
word subscribe on the subject line by itself.

nfb-nm at nfbnet.org,
The purpose of the NFB of New Mexico list is to share announcements
from the National
Federation of the Blind, the State affiliate President, its officers,
divisions and chapters, as well as information of general interest to New
Mexicans who are blind or visually impaired. Information will be provided
about items such as chapter and division meetings, affiliate board meetings,
our state convention and other special events, the NFB national convention,
student scholarships, technology, fundraisers, and job announcements.