[Nfbnet-members-list] Book fair post

Krystal Guillory kguillory at louisianacenter.org
Tue Jun 21 21:17:16 UTC 2016

From: Krystal, Coordinator, 2016 Braille Book Fair
To:  Supporters and past workers at the Braille Book Fair

Re:  Volunteer workers
Where: NFB Convention, Orlando  FL
When: Saturday, July 2nd
Times: Set-up: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm, 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm;
             Event: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pm; Clean-up: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Room location:  See the NFB agenda

When you reply to this message, please provide the following information:
·         YES...I can work the following shift(s):
·         My cell phone number that I will have at convention is:
·         I live in (state):
·         MAYBE.....I'll check my schedule.  If
possible, my preference is to work these hours
·         Braille skills (including if you read
by touch or by sight as a sighted person)
Note:  If you are a parent of a blind child under
the age 18 (or still in high school or below), we
know that you will want to attend the NOPBC
Annual Meeting which takes place just before the
BBF, but we would welcome you to work either
during the event or on the clean-up shift after the event.

The Braille Book Fair has become one of the
highlights of the convention for many teachers,
parents, blind kids, blind parents, and adult
beginning Braille readers.  But the event could
not take place without the help of many
dedicated, talented volunteers.  And that's where
you come in.  As a past worker, or simply
interested supporter of the Braille Book Fair, I
hope you can either volunteer, or give me the
contact information for someone that you recommend.

You do not need to work the entire afternoon or
evening, but I do ask that you try to work an
entire shift.  We especially need for people who
help customers to come BEFORE we open the doors
at 5:00 pm and to commit to staying until at
least 6:30 pm. Book lovers are great for this
shift, as you will assist visitors in book decisions/selections.

Thanks so much for taking time to consider this
request, and I look forward to hearing from you soon!
If you can help, please contact Sandra Oliver,
NOPBC Board Member at 713.825-4573 or Sandra.Oliver at ey.com

Braille Rocks,
Krystal Guillory

From: Krystal Guillory <kguillory at louisianacenter.org>