[Nfbnet-members-list] Art Room at National Convention

Deborah Kent Stein dkent5817 at att.net
Sat Jun 18 23:47:51 UTC 2016

EXPLORE AND CREATE!
Visit the Drop-In Art Room at Convention 2016!

For the fifth consecutive year, the NFB will host a drop-in art room
at our national convention. Organized by Ann Cunningham with help
from Debbie Kent Stein, the art room welcomes blind and sighted
visitors of all ages and levels of experience. The room will be open
to visitors from 1 to 8 p.m. on Friday, July 1 and Saturday, July 2.

 From 1 to 5 each day, visitors are invited to explore sculptures and
raised drawings and to create their own tactile art, using a variety
of materials. Evenings in the art room will be devoted to art
exploration and discussions on art-related issues. Which programs for
creating tactile graphics are most effective? What can practicing
artists tell us about making art accessible? How can we ensure that
images will be part of every blind person's life?

We all spend a lot of time at convention rushing from one event to
another, trying to pack thirty hours of activities into each
twenty-four-hour day. The art room is a special place where we can
slow down, marvel, and be inspired. Please join us! Art is for everyone!