[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Legal Department Surveys at Washington Seminar

Yingling, Valerie Vyingling at nfb.org
Fri Jan 22 17:02:50 UTC 2016

While you attend Washington Seminar on Monday, January 25, be sure to
stop by the NFB Legal Department's survey table in the hotel lobby.
In an effort to gather critical accessibility information from
members, the Legal Department will be conducting member surveys on
the following topics:
    * Redbox
        * We are seeking members who have tried to use or would like
to use Redbox video and video game rental kiosks.
    * Social Security Kiosks and Forms
        * We are gathering information regarding inaccessible field
office kiosks or online forms.
    * Online Banking
        * We are gathering information pertaining to the
accessibility of online-only banks.
    * Electronic Health Records
        * We are seeking information from employees and students
required to use electronic health record systems on the job or for
school purposes.
    * Employment
        * We are seeking information from anyone who has attempted to
fill out an online job application or take an online employment test
with screen-access software.
    * Common Core State Standard Assessments
        * We are seeking information regarding K-12 students who
completed a 2015 PARCC or Smarter Balanced assessment or will be
taking a 2016 PARCC or Smarter Balanced assessment.
    * Technology in Higher Education
        * We are gathering information regarding inaccessible
technology and discriminatory practices and feedback on the
accessibility of student loan documents.

If you cannot attend Washington Seminar this year and are able to
contribute to our information gathering efforts, please contact
Valerie Yingling, paralegal at the National Federation of the Blind,
at <mailto:Vyingling at nfb.org>Vyingling at nfb.org or 410-659-9314,
extension 2440.

Additionally, Tim Elder is seeking members who have encountered
inaccessible touchscreen devices at the Applebee's diner
chain.  Please contact Tim Elder by telephone at 410-415-3493, email
at <mailto:telder at trelegal.com>telder at trelegal.com, or Twitter,
@trelegal, if you have recently visited an Applebee's location in the
United States.  We want to hear about any experience you had with
inaccessible touchscreen devices that are used for ordering food,
paying a bill, and performing other tasks.