[Nfbnet-members-list] Feedback on Assistive Technology

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Dec 22 15:14:14 UTC 2016

Hi all,

                 My name is Arielle Silverman, and I am seeking your
help with a research project. The main purpose of this project is to
develop a database of blind individuals who are interested in
providing feedback on new assistive technologies. This project is
sponsored by Arizona State University's Center for Cognitive
Ubiquitous Computing (CUBC) which designs haptic technologies to
assist people who are blind and visually impaired. We need to hear
from the blind community about the most appropriate applications of
this technology. By signing up to join the database, you will be able
to comment on the real assistive technology needs of the blind
community, evaluate their ideas for new haptic technologies, and
participate in user studies.

Adults who are 18 years or older and who are blind or visually
impaired are eligible to participate. The study involves a 10-minute
survey asking about your demographics and assistive technology use.
This will help us send you invitations to future studies for which you qualify.

You will have the chance to enter into a raffle drawing where three
individuals will each win a $100 gift card if you decide to complete
the survey.

This study has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at
Arizona State University.

To begin the study, click here:

<https://goo.gl/forms/tNYsz4wPhlHGNSZQ2>https://goo.gl/forms/tNYsz4wPhlHGNSZQ2

If you have any questions or concerns about the study, feel free to
contact me at

<mailto:arielle at disabilitywisdom.com>arielle at disabilitywisdom.com

Or the principal investigator, Troy McDaniel, at

<mailto:Troy.mcdaniel at asu.edu>Troy.mcdaniel at asu.edu

Thank you for your help with this research.