[Nfbnet-members-list] October 17th join us

blindhands at aol.com blindhands at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 23:26:32 UTC 2015

Please sign up at Games Galore and More before Thursday October 15 in order
to participate at our chat on October 17.

You are invited to join Cathy and Joyce on Saturday, October 17th, at 2:00
PM eastern in the All about Learning room for an afternoon of crafting.

Are you blind or visually impaired and a lover of craft making? Would you
like to share your love of crafting with other like-minded people? Would you
be interested in learning a new craft taught by and geared specifically for
blind folks? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, then join us on
Games Galore and More to learn what the NFB Crafter's Division has to offer
you. We will give you details about the classes we offer, our email list,
and much more. We will even provide a free sample class on how to crochet
during the program.
Hope to see you there.

If you are not a member of Games Galore and More, you may join at no charge.
If you joined NFB Live over the past year, you are registered at Games
Galore and more.  The management has restructured the site and as part of
this restructuring, they have changed the site's name and branding as of
September 1, 2015.

To register with Games Galore and More, go to:

http://www.gamesgaloreandmore.com/join.htm

Read the site policy and guidelines, and select the "I accept" link, and you
will be taken to the GGM sign-up page.

Fill out the form, ensuring that all fields with asterisks are complete, and
when you submit the form, you will receive an email with your username and
password within 24 hours of signing up to GGM.  If you do not receive an
email welcoming you to the site, or if you have problems signing up, write:

support at gamesgaloreandmore.com

And the GGM technical support team will assist you.

Once you have received your welcome email, you can enter the chat rooms at
the link indicated in your welcome email.  You will need a microphone and
speakers, or a microphone headset to interact with individuals in the chat
rooms.  The GGM community is a voice chat community.

The first time you login, if you are not a member of any Talking Communities
chat site, you will need to download and install the chat client by entering
on the link: "First Time users click here to download the Windows plugin."
You must run the TC chat client, and it will install to your computer.  When
the installation is finished, you can enter any chat room and participate.

  If you are a Mac or iPhone user, you can still participate.  Go to the GGM
"Frequently Asked Questions" page at:

http://www.gamesgaloreandmore.com/faq.htm

There you will find a section on accessing the GGM site with a Mac and
iDevice.  Please note, that while it is possible to access all Talking
Communities with Apple products, there are some issues, and the GGM support
team does state that using a Windows based machine will provide you with a
better user experience.