[Nfbnet-members-list] Invitation to 2015 NFB Job Fair

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue May 19 01:26:42 UTC 2015

From: Jobs [mailto:jobs-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of Dick Davis via Jobs
Sent: Monday, May 18, 2015 4:40 PM
To: jobs at nfbnet.org; rehab at nfbnet.org
Cc: Dick Davis
Subject: [Jobs] Invitation to 2015 NFB Job Fair

Hi,

This is an invitation to employers to attend the 2015 NFB Job Fair.  If you are an employer (state agencies for the blind are included) please consider attending.  If you know an employer who might want to attend, please pass it on to them.

Many thanks,

Dick Davis, Chair

NFB Employment Committee

National Federation of the Blind Employment Committee

President Mark Riccobono asked me to invite you to the 2015 National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Job Fair.

The Job Fair will be in the Grand Ballroom A, Level 1, Rosen Centre Hotel, 9840 International Drive, Orlando, Florida 32819.  It will run from 2-4 p.m. on Sunday, July 5, although we recommend that employers come at least ½ hour before that to find a good table and set up.  Tables are first come, first served, and can accommodate two or more people.  We will have committee members there to help and direct you.

There is no charge to either employers or jobseekers for the Job Fair.   Usually we have at least 200-300 blind people in attendance.  The fair doubled in size from 2013, when we first held it, to 2014, so there may be even more jobseekers and employers in 2015.

It’s easy to sign up!  Just e-mail the following information to ddavis at blindinc.org: name of organization, address, phone number(s), e-mail(s) and name or names and job titles of representatives.  Make sure you provide information that you want job seekers to see, as we publish a list of the employers before the job fair, so job seekers can do their research and follow up afterward.

If you have handouts with general information about your organization in Braille and large type (16 point preferred) that is good, but it is not required.  Most blind jobseekers you meet will be well worth hiring; we got a lot of positive feedback from employers who hired a number of blind employees from the 2014 Job Fair.

This is the largest job fair for the blind held anywhere in the world, so it is a great place to be if you want to hire blind people.  Let me know if you need more information.

We’re looking forward to seeing you there!

Best wishes,

Dick Davis

Employment Committee Chair

612-872-0100