[Nfbnet-members-list] Results are in!

Kaiti Shelton kaiti.shelton at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 02:46:20 UTC 2015

Hi all,

On behalf of the Ohio Association of Blind Students, thanks to
everyone who supported our fundraiser.  The $279 we raised minus the
small amount that PayPal will take for handling our online sales will
be split evenly between the OABS treasury and Ohio's next BELL program
in 2016.  We couldn't have done this without the support from our
affiliate, the generosity of our Federation family, and help from
people like David Andrews and Gary Wunder who circulated our emails
and published an announcement in the monitor for us respectively.
This fundraiser was the first that Ohio students conducted on a
national scale, and it has opened the doors for more fundraisers with
bigger and better insentives in the future.

The following buyers received prizes in the drawing.  While most
winners hail from Ohio we are greatful to those who bought from
Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Wisconsin, Virginia, Illinois, and
other affiliates as well.  Winner's names and affiliates are posted
here.  Winners should receive an email directly from Aleeha Dudley,
Vice President, or Emily Pennington, Treasurer, so we can gather
addresses and mail prizes promptly.
Winners:
10.  $10 to Chipotle goes to Deanna Lewis, Ohio.
9.  $10 to Tim Horton's goes to Pam Allen, Louisiana.
8 and 7.  We had one lucky winner have two of her tickets drawn.  $10
to Domino's and $10 to Bath and Bodyworks goes to Barbara Pierce,
Ohio.
6.  $15 to ITunes belongs to David Mills, Ohio.
5.  Another $15 ITunes goes to Jim Barber, California.
4.  $20 to Fannie May Candy Co. (Also redeemable at other locations
including Cheryl's, 1800 Flowers, and 1800 Baskets).  Karen Warner,
Ohio.
3.  $25 to Darden Restaurants (includes Olive Garden, Longhorn
Steakhouse, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52, Eddie V's, Capital Grill, and
Yardhouse) goes to Sheri Albers, Ohio.
2.  $25 to Amazon goes to Sherry Ruth, Ohio.
And the grand prize, a $50 Visa gift card, goes to Jemal Powell of Illinois!

Congratulations to all our winners, and thanks to everyone for aiding
our efforts to support our youngest braille readers and strengthen our
student division.  It's investments like these that give students of
all ages opportunities to learn new skills in independence, braille
literacy, and self-advocacy.  The money for the student division will
be put to good use helping high school and college students grow in
the Federation as well!  The Ohio Association of Blind Students is
looking forward to another year of building the Federation along with
all of you!

Sincerely,

--
Kaiti Shelton