[Nfbnet-members-list] National Association of Guide Dog Users Meetings Streamed Live

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 2 19:25:50 UTC 2015

                 If you are unable to join us in Orlando for the
meetings of the National Association of guide dog Users at the 75th
convention of the National Federation of the blind, we would like to
offer you the opportunity to join us virtually. Once again, NAGDU
will be streaming our meetings live for the world to hear! To listen
to our live stream, simply visit

<http://www.nagdu.org>http://www.nagdu.org

and find the link to the live stream on the Homepage. The stream will
be available at approximately 6:45 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (5:45
p.m. Central; 4:45 p.m. Mountain; & 3:45 p.m. Pacific) on Sunday,
July 5 and Tuesday, July 7. If you would like to comment or ask
questions during the stream, PLEASE use the hashtag NAGDU2015. Please
read on for more information about our proposed agenda.

                 On Sunday, July 5, we will hear from those who chair
the various committees of NAGDU, including our Social Networking,
Fund Raising, and Hotline Committees. Brett Sample, who is an NFB
member, is creating a guide dog training program in Puerto Rico
modeled after our NFB training centers. Brett will share his work and
projections with us. We will also share exciting information about
our progress enhancing access to the country's zoos. We will also
find out where we are with our mobile app and hotline.

                 On Tuesday, July 7, our meeting will be called to
order at 7:00 p.m. sharp. We will hear from Tim Elder, NFB's lead
attorney in our federal law suit against Uber. Tim will share the
most up-to-date information with us first, so join our meeting for
this breaking news. We will also have a presentation by john Bifield
from Freedom Guide dogs for the Blind about community & residential
guide dog training and a panel discussion by officials of various
guide dog training programs about ownership and the immediate and
long-term considerations every potential guide dog program consumer
should know about the practical implications of unconditional
ownership compared to custody. During this meeting, we will also
share guide dog user related resolutions passed by the Resolutions
Committee the prior day. Most importantly, we will hold elections for
vice President, Treasurer, and one board position.

                 For more information about our live stream or other
NAGDU related communication, please send a message to

<mailto:Info at NAGDU.ORG>Info at NAGDU.ORG

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users