[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: NFBCO Sports and Rec Announcement

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Jul 2 05:25:33 UTC 2015

As we celebrate the 75th Anniversary of the National Federation of the Blind, the NFB of Colorado reflected upon and celebrated our successes while spending time pondering how we move forward over the next 75 years. One of the goals of our Sports and Recreation Division is to make sure that every blind person has access, opportunity, and motivation to achieve good health. After all, we would all love to be here to celebrate the 100 year milestone of the Federation and beyond!

As a result, we have partnered with WE Fit Wellness to put together a healthy convention tool kit which includes a page of tips and tricks for staying healthy at convention as well as healthy menu options for each of food outlets at the Rosen Centre. We are offering this took kit ABSOLUTELY FREE! Please find the attached documents if you are interested in an electronic version of our healthy convention tool kit. You can also visit the NFB of Colorado table and pick up a Braille or large print copy. Braille and large print copies are limited so hurry to the Colorado Table in the exhibit hall!

While you are there, do not forget to pick up our Total Fit thumb drive/SD card which offers healthy recipes, audio described exercises, workouts for all occasions, and much more. These can be purchased for $20. You can also take advantage of the Amazing Colorado Raffle. This year we will draw 3 winners. The grand prize winner will receive $2,500, second prize will receive $1,000, and the third prize winner will receive $500. Tickets are 1 for $10 and 3 for $20. If you are a guide dog user, you will be able to pick up some healthy dog treats courtesy of the Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users. Stop by the NFB of Colorado table, grab your Healthy Convention Tool Kit and see what else Colorado can offer you!

George McDermith <george.mcdermith at gmail.com>