[Nfbnet-members-list] We Need Your Story

Pare, John JPare at nfb.org
Wed Jul 1 07:24:34 UTC 2015

Dear Fellow Federationists:

Are you going to national convention? If so, we
would like to videotape your personal story. We
want you to tell us about how you overcame the
obstacles associated with the low expectations
that society has of blind people and how you are
living the life you want. Your story can provide
mentorship and hope to others. Virtually all of
us have benefited from hearing the personal story
of an NFB member. This effort to videotape the
stories of our members will expand the support
and mentoring that we provide to each other to
those who have not yet come to know the National
Federation of the Blind. This is a chance to
enhance your ability, and the ability of our
movement, to make a difference in the lives of other blind people.

Your story does not have to contain cliff-hangers
or other dramatic content. It only needs to be
your story, told from the heart, and relate to
the National Federation of the Blind.

Regarding logistics, we will have a video room
set up at the convention. The videotaping will
take fifteen to thirty minutes, but we are
looking for stories that are about five minutes
in length. Once you make your appointment, we’ll send you complete details.

Your story will be preserved in our video library
and may be selected for use on our YouTube channel.

This is not the time to be modest or humble; this
is the time to tell your story so that others can
learn from your experiences. I urge you to
consider taking time during this year’s convention for this important activity.

To make an appointment, please email Stephanie
Witt at <mailto:switt at nfb.org>switt at nfb.org or
call her cell phone at (484) 467-8792.

If you have any questions, please also feel free
to email me at <mailto:jpare at nfb.org>jpare at nfb.org.

Best regards,

John

John G. Paré Jr.
Executive Director for Advocacy and Policy
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Telephone: (410) 659-9314, extension 2218
Cell phone: (410) 917-1965
Fax: (410) 685-5653
Email: <mailto:jpare at nfb.org>jpare at nfb.org

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.

<https://nfb.org/make-gift>Make a gift to the
National Federation of the Blind and help ensure
all blind Americans live the lives they want.