[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Teams with Oracle to Recognize Outstanding Blind Students

Kuhnke, Kristian KKuhnke at nfb.org
Thu Aug 13 14:23:34 UTC 2015

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT:
Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
<mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

National Federation of the Blind Teams with Oracle to Recognize
Outstanding Blind Students

Baltimore, Maryland (August 13, 2015): With a financial gift provided
by Oracle, the <https://nfb.org>National Federation of the Blind
(NFB) honored two outstanding blind students last month at the
banquet of the organization's seventy-fifth annual convention.
Kaitlyn Kellermeyer and Hannah Werbel each received a scholarship of
$8,000 toward their studies at Texas A&M University and the
University of Washington, respectively. Kaitlyn has studied in
Germany and is pursuing a degree in international studies. Hannah is
already an accomplished musician, having participated in an
international honors band in Australia. Kaitlyn and Hannah exemplify
the vision of the NFB-they are both strong, independent
over-achievers intent on reaching their full potential in all aspects
of life, and will not let their blindness be used by others to create
obstacles to their goals.

Mark A. Riccobono, President of the
<https://www.facebook.com/NationalFederationoftheBlind>National
Federation of the Blind, said: "Each year, with the help of wonderful
organizations including Oracle, we are able to recognize outstanding
blind scholars from across the nation and help them to transform
their dreams into reality. We deeply appreciate Oracle's commitment
to supporting our scholarships and its recognition that blindness
does not define an individual or his or her future."

Luke Kowalski, Vice President of Oracle, said: "Through the National
Federation of the Blind, blind students are equipped to create the
inspirational life of their dreams. It's an honor to support NFB and
recognize the achievements of these tremendous students."

###

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Trademarks
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates.