[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind Meet the Blind Month

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Wed Oct 1 18:09:56 UTC 2014

Meet the Blind Month
https://nfb.org//meet-blind-month

Meet the Blind Month is our nationwide campaign
to increase awareness of, and support for, the
National Federation of the Blind (NFB). The NFB
knows that blindness is not the characteristic
that defines you or your future. Every day we
raise the expectations of blind people, because
low expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.
During this month, the members of our affiliates,
chapters, and divisions spread this message by
conducting a variety of outreach activities that
will create opportunities for people to meet the
blind of their communities, and to recognize that
we are vital contributing members of society.

Some of our members will conduct creative Meet
the Blind Month projects and programs. Others
will staff NFB blindness information tables at
local venues and events. Still others will simply
walk around in populated areas with brochures, a
smile, and a handshake.  Whatever the activity,
members of the NFB will be sharing stories of how
the National Federation of the Blind helps us live the life we want.

It only takes one person with the right attitude,
some NFB literature, and a desire to share the
philosophy of the National Federation of the
Blind to help overcome the obstacles between
blind people and our dreams. Our National
Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
supports these grassroots activities by
coordinating the nationwide campaign and
providing access to materials.  Please contact us
if you would like assistance in identifying a NFB
representative to participate in your local meeting or event.

We want to share what our members are doing
across the country to promote meet the Blind
Month, so we will be using social media to
highlight various Meet the Blind Month
activities.  On Facebook, members will be posting
information about their activities to the
National Federation of the Blind's timeline.  You
can search for #nfbmtbm14 on Twitter to get
updates on Meet the Blind Month activities. For
these and other updates about National Federation
of the Blind activities, you can follow @NFB_Voice on Twitter.

Past Meet The Blind Month Activities

<http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-2013>2013
<http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-2012>2012
<http://nfb.org/meet-the-blind-month-2011>2011
<http://nfb.org/meet-blind-month-events-2010>2010

©2014 All Rights Reserved - Copyright 2014 NFB

Mr. Anil Lewis, M.P.A.
Executive Director

National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute
200 East Wells Street at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, Maryland   21230

(410) 659-9314 ext. 2374 (Voice)
(410) 659-5129 (FAX)
Email: <mailto:alewis at nfb.org>alewis at nfb.org
Web: <http://www.nfb.org/>www.nfb.org
Twitter: @AnilLife

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of
the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.