[Nfbnet-members-list] New video about NFB's free slate and stylus program

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Thu May 8 15:15:50 UTC 2014

Dear Fellow Federationists:

As many of you know, the National Federation of
the Blind is distributing free slates and
styluses to blind people in the United States. In
our new Youtube video, Dr. Maurer talks about
this program. He discusses the usefulness of the
slate and stylus­the original, and still most
flexible and practical, Braille writing tool, and
its importance to Braille literacy. Please share
this video with everyone you know who uses
Braille or is interested in using or learning the
code­the key to success for blind children and
adults. Here is the link to the video:
<http://youtu.be/ljUb2LtdbM0>http://youtu.be/ljUb2LtdbM0

Please enjoy and share via e-mail, on your
Facebook page or your Twitter feed, at NFB
meetings and other gatherings of blind people,
and in any other way you can imagine.

Sincerely:

Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can live the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of
the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.