[Nfbnet-members-list] NFB Nebraska Blind Parent conference call

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 31 03:58:33 UTC 2014

National Federation of the Blind of
<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags"
/>Nebraska<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =

Blind Parents

Breaking Barriers for the Blind

Dear Federationist and Nebraskans,

The National Federation of the Blind of Nebraska
is launching a Blind Parent group. We plan to
meet quarterly via a teleconference.

Our first teleconference will be Sunday, April 6,
2014, beginning at 8:00 p.m. At this time, we can
discuss the next phone meetings for the year in
addition to where we want this group to go.

All blind parents, non-blind parents and even
non-parents are welcome to participate. Our goals are:

·        Educate the public and ourselves about
blind parenting and how capable a blind parent can be.

·        Provide resources and information to and about blind parents.

·        Offer a network of people acting as a support system.

·        Engage the community in a dialogue
promoting the ideals and values of the Federation.

If you are a parent, hope to be a parent, work
with parents or are just interested in this
group, please join our call on Sunday, April 6.
We hope to build this group, providing a bridge
for blind parents across Nebraska. We also hope
to work on educational efforts about blind
parenting in our communities. We will need all the help we can get.

We also invite parents from around the country to help us launch this group.

For our first call, we will discuss our goals for
the group, potential activities and outreach
opportunities  and what kind of event the group
should offer during NFBN's annual convention, to
be held October 9 to 12 in Omaha, Nebraska.

Join us Sunday, April 6 as we get the ball
rolling.  The teleconference number to call is:
(877) 394-5901, and the access code is: 4554456#.

For more information or if you have questions,
contact Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter at
<mailto:bpollpeter at hotmail.com>bpollpeter at hotmail.com.

Sincerely,

Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, chair, NFBN Blind Parents