[Nfbnet-members-list] Bring Your Own Device to Orlando: BYOD Workshop at Convention

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:57:39 UTC 2014

Fellow Federationists:

I can't believe it.  We're only one week away from the largest
and most exciting gathering of blind people to ever occur in this
lifetime: the 2014 convention of the National Federation of the
Blind in Orlando! If this year's jam-packed agenda has not yet
caused your excitement quotient to mushroom to record levels, I
have one more twist to add to the mix: this year's convention
will be a BYOD affair.  What does this BYOD mean, you ask? Why
bring your own device of course!

This year the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
(NOPBC) is sponsoring a Bring Your Own Device technology workshop
as part of the Youth Track activities for students ages 11-18.
Their President graciously asked me to coordinate this event and
I assembled a team of tech-savvy high school and college students
who love our technology and are ready to answer your questions.
If you have a device about which you have a question or if you
would simply like to talk shop with fellow users of your
device(s), you are welcome to drop by anytime during our workshop
and we would be glad to assist.  As the Youth Track umbrella
under which this workshop is presented suggests, this event is
geared especially toward parents and their young technology
consumers.  However, anyone is welcome to stop by, whether child
or child at heart.

The workshop will take place on Friday, July 4 from 8:00-10:00 PM
in Salon 11, Level 2.  This will immediately follow the Dance
Party sponsored by Conchita Hernandez and Alex Castillo, which
will take place in the same room.  So, as you pack your bags for
convention, be sure to bring your technology along.  Then, drop
by and see us in Salon 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM on Friday for the
BYOD workshop.  I look forward to seeing you-and your devices-in
Orlando!

Yours in Federationism,

Chris Nusbaum