[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: GDF announcement for Interested Persons

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Tue Jun 24 19:53:04 UTC 2014

Dave,
                 Would you send the attached
message from the Guide Dog Foundation to our subscribers? Thank you very much!

Marion

New in 2014 – Two Week Training Classes and
On-Site Applications!
 From The Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Smithtown, New York

In addition to our new two week training classes,
the Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind is proud
to announce a new service at the 2014 NFB and
NAGDU convention. Have you ever considered
applying for a guide dog but been overwhelmed by
the paperwork? Now we're making it easier to get
that application out of the way.

Jenine Stanley, Consumer Relations Coordinator,
will be on site from July 1 through 4 to
pre-qualify people and take applications for
training at the Guide Dog Foundation. You will
leave this appointment with a completed
application form, information release and all of
the paperwork necessary to complete your application.

Are you a parent, college student or city
dweller? Do you do a lot of walks without
sidewalks or travel at a relaxed pace? You may
want to apply for a dog trained by the Guide Dog
Foundation. Our new two-week training allows for
customization based on your needs.

This training format features two students per
instructor and tailored routes and experiences
during an intense training period.

If this sounds interesting to you and you'd like
more information, you can contact Jenine Stanley
via email at jenine at guidedog.org or by phone at 631-708-6726.

Application does not guarantee placement with a
guide dog. For more information about the Guide
Dog Foundation, visit our web site at www.guidedog.org or call 1-866-282-8047.

Jenine Stanley
Consumer Relations Coordinator
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc ®  and
America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
Providing "Second Sight" ® since 1946
371 E. Jericho Turnpike, Smithtown, NY 11787
Toll-free: 866-282-8047
Mobile: 631-708-6726
<mailto:jenine at guidedog.org>jenine at guidedog.org
<mailto:jenine at vetdogs.org>jenine at vetdogs.org
<http://www.twitter.com/GdfJenine>http://www.twitter.com/GdfJenine

To make a donation that can change a life ...
contact the Guide Dog Foundation at <http://www.guidedog.org/>www.guidedog.org
or America's VetDogs the Veterans K-9 Corps at
<http://www.vetdogs.org/>www.vetdogs.org
Visit us on facebook at:
<http://www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation>www.facebook.com/GuideDogFoundation
or <http://www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs>www.facebook.com/AmericasVetDogs