[Nfbnet-members-list] Voting-Related Activities at NFB Convention

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Tue Jun 24 00:31:06 UTC 2014

Accessible Voting Machines and Spanish Language
Voter Guides at the National Federation of the Blind 2014 Annual Convention

Provide Your Feedback on Accessible Voting Machines

Don't miss this opportunity to help make
elections more accessible! The two leading
developers of election technology will have their
new accessible voting machines at our 2014 annual
convention to get your feedback on accessibility.

Join design staff of Dominion Voting Systems on
Tuesday, July 1, 1:00-5:00 p.m. in Hospitality
Suite 251 to try out the new ImageCast® Evolution
accessible voting machine. Your feedback on its
accessibility and usability is encouraged,

Election Systems & Software (ES&S) will have its
brand new accessible voting system the
ExpressVote on display in the Exhibit Hall on
Wednesday, July 2, 11:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. at table
B16. You are encouraged to try out this new
machine and provide feedback on accessibility and
usability to ES&S design staff.

Blind Voter Guides Now Available in Spanish

The Blind Voter's Guide, Blind Voter Registration
Drive Guide, and Blind Poll Worker Recruitment
Flyer are now available in Spanish! These free
guides will be in the Spanish section of the Free
Literature area in the Exhibit Hall. Copies of
these guides in English will also be available in
Free Literature. Be sure to stop by and pick up your free copies!

Lou Ann Blake, J.D.
HAVA Project Manager and Law Symposium Coordinator
Jernigan Institute
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND
200 East Wells Street
     at Jernigan Place
Baltimore, MD 21230
Telephone: (410) 659-9314, ext. 2221
Fax: (410) 659-5129
E-mail: <mailto:lblake at nfb.org>lblake at nfb.org
Web site: <http://www.nfb.org/>www.nfb.org

The National Federation of the Blind knows that
blindness is not the characteristic that defines
you or your future. Every day we raise the
expectations of blind people, because low
expectations create obstacles between blind
people and our dreams. You can have the life you
want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of
the Blind Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture.