[Nfbnet-members-list] Fw: upcoming activities for seniors at national convention

Judy Sanders jsanders.nfb at comcast.net
Fri Jun 20 21:12:35 UTC 2014

The following is exciting information from Ruth
Sager, senior division president.

SENIOR DIVISION ACTIVITIES AT THE NATIONAL CONVENTION, ORLANDO 2014

Are you about to be a senior?  Interested in
issues of special concerns to senior citizens or
do you work with the elder population? If you
answered “Yes,” to any of these questions,
then our senior seminar and annual senior division meeting are for you!

On Tuesday, July 1, 2014 at 1:00 our
seminar—Senior Empowerment:  Considerations For
The Next Chapter In Your Life is a panel
discussion presented by five experts in the field
of senior housing, legal issues,options for
remaining in the home with supportive care as
needed and choosing the right assistance when the
time comes. Whether looking for information to
make your own choices in the near future or
caring for parents and other family members, this
seminar will answer your questions and put you in
touch with services you might not otherwise know
about that are available to you in most
communities across the country.  Find us in Salon 20 Level 2.

Our annual senior division meeting takes place
Thursday, July 3, 2014 with registration
beginning at 12:30-1:30 and the meeting
following.  Our annual dues are $5 and can be
paid either at the Tuesday seminar or the
Thursday meeting.  Should you wish, this year for
the first time, we are offering Life-Time
membership of $100.00.  Make checks payable to
NFB Senior Division.  As always—our not-so-silent
Auction.  Please bringauction items to Salon 20,
Level 2 at 12:30.  Both our seminar and our
senior meeting are in the same room.

This year we have wonderful items to auction and
a fabulous donation from Abise Inc. Ms. Lori
Berkey, customer support and marketing associate
from Abise Inc. will showcase products her
company sells that may be of special interest to
seniors with low vision. Abise Inc. has
generously donated a refurbished Eye-Pal Solo
stand-alone scanner/reader/magnifier to our
division for our auction which retails $1400.00.
Please stop by the abise Inc. booth at C26 in the
exhibit  hall to see this
scanner/reader/magnifier and come to our meeting
on Thursday and bid—you may be the lucky one who
takes it home with you! We will auction this item
off around 4:00 p.m.  If you cannot be present to
bid, give our auction folks written bids or have
someone representing you offer a live bid from the floor.

See you in Orlando!

Ruth Sager

President

NFB Senior Division