[Nfbnet-members-list] Convention - Communications Committee - for Affiliates- Social Media, newsletters and telling our story

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Jun 18 01:36:09 UTC 2014

The NFB Communications Committee (CC) 2014
meeting, has important topics for Affiliates

Our meeting will cover the following three major
topic areas: the use of a newsletter, telling our
stories, and learning how social media can help us with our mission:

#1. The continuing value of the newsletter ­ by Barbara Pierce

#2 The CC’s effort to assist our Federation
collect and display our stories; Darlene Laibl[-Crowe & Robert Leslie Newman

#3 Social Media in today’s affiliate, division and chapter: Tony Olivero

Below is an outline for the Social Media portion of our meeting:

NFB Communications Committee Social Media Outline

I.                 Introduction
a.     Background
b.     Social media experience
II.               Social Media
a.     What is it?
b.     How will it help my affiliate/division/chapter
c.      Are there risks and challenges?
III.              All about engagement
a.     Have a conversation
b.     Reach out to your audience
c.      Find new people
d.     Twitter vs Facebook
IV.             Where to begin
a.     Twitter account
b.     Facebook page not account
V.               Tools
a.     Native websites
b.     Desktop clients
c.      Mobile clients
VI.             Tricks
a.     Twitter searches

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

<http://www.thoughtprovoker.info/>http://www.thoughtprovoker.info

President, NFB Writers' Division

Division Website-

http://writers.nfb.org

Chair, NFB Communications Committee

Vice President, Nebraska Senior Division

First Vice President, Omaha Chapter

Commissioner, Nebraska Commission for the Blind and Visually Impaired