[Nfbnet-members-list] study announcement

Marina Bedny marina.bedny at jhu.edu
Sat Jun 14 00:52:44 UTC 2014

Dear David,

The National Federation of the Blind has generously agreed to let us
conduct a research study at the 2014 Convention. I wonder whether you
would be kind enough to forward our study announcement to the
relevant list-serves? I've pasted the announcement below.

Thank you in advance for your assistance. Please let me know if I can
provide any further information.

Marina Bedny

Marina Bedny, Ph.D
Assistant Professor
Department of Psychological & Brain Sciences
Johns Hopkins University
Ames Hall 225
3400 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21218
Office phone: 410-516-2841
<http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html>http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html
marina.bedny at jhu.edu

Research Study at the National Federation of the Blind 2014 Convention

The Neuroplasticity and Development Lab invites participants to take
part in research studies at the 2014 National Federation of the Blind
convention. The studies involve listening to sentences, listening to
tones, reading Braille and answering questions. The goal of this
research is to better understand how visual and non-visual
experiences contribute to cognition.

There are two studies. You can choose to participate in either one or
both of these studies. Each study takes 2 hours and participants are
compensated $60 for taking part in each study. Prior to scheduling a
study appointment we ask that you complete a pre-screening interview
over the phone to ensure that you qualify. Among the qualification
criteria, participants must be congenitally and totally blind and
between 18 and 50 years of age. The screening interview takes between
15 to 30 minutes. Those who take part in the interview will receive a
$15 Amazon gift certificate. To find out if you qualify and to sign
up for appointment please contact us by either calling (410) 870-9895
or emailing <mailto:plasticity_lab at jhu.edu>plasticity_lab at jhu.edu.

Thank you for reading our announcement and we look forward to seeing
you at the National Federation of the Blind convention.

Marina Bedny, Ph.D.

Director of Neuroplasticity & Development Lab

Assistant Professor

Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences

Johns Hopkins University
marina.bedny at jhu.edu
<http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html>http://pbs.jhu.edu/research/bedny/index.html