[Nfbnet-members-list] National Federation of the Blind has joined forces with eBay to enhance the accessibility of eBay’s website and Mobile Apps

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Mon Jun 9 17:33:24 UTC 2014

The National Federation of the Blind has joined forces with eBay to
enhance the accessibility of eBay's website and mobile apps.
<http://blog.ebay.com/ebay-national-federation-blind-team-optimize-accessibility-site-apps/>A
press release from eBay about this agreement is posted below.

EBAY AND THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND TEAM TO OPTIMIZE
ACCESSIBILITY OF SITE, APPS
JUNE 6, 2014 / <http://blog.ebay.com/category/ebay-2/>EBAY INC

eBay has teamed with <http://www.nfb.org/>The National Federation of
the Blind in a Web 2.0 Sustainable Accessibility Partnership
Agreement that will enhance the accessibility of eBay's website and
mobile applications.

Through the new partnership, blind buyers and sellers on eBay who use
technologies such as text-to-speech screen readers and Braille
displays will have even greater access to eBay's website and its
applications for smartphones and tablets.

"This is about reinforcing and enhancing our commitment to
accessibility, and making eBay's global marketplace available to
everyone," said Devin Wenig, President Global eBay Marketplaces.
"Ease of use and universal access to the Marketplace is a priority
for eBay as a company, and as a brand."

Dr. Marc Maurer, President of the National Federation of the Blind,
said: "The National Federation of the Blind is pleased to continue
our partnership with eBay. This landmark agreement sets forth a
proactive strategy that will enhance the accessibility of eBay's
online marketplace, allowing blind buyers and sellers to use this
groundbreaking platform in all the ways that sighted users can."

"We commend eBay for its industry leadership in adopting this
comprehensive Web 2.0 accessibility plan and look forward to working
together with the company to implement it," Maurer added.