[Nfbnet-members-list] Message Concerning Service Animal Relief Area Forum

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Wed Feb 26 18:44:34 UTC 2014

Dear All,

                 The Federal Aviation Administration is seeking
advice and input from service animal stakeholders, such as consumers
and trainers, concerning Service Animal Relief Areas (SARAs) in
airport terminals. On behalf of the National Association of Guide dog
Users and the National Federation of the Blind, Merry Schoch and I
will be participating in a SARA forum at the FAA headquarters in
Washington, d.C. on Monday, March 3. In order to best represent your
ideas and needs, I would like to have your input concerning the
elements you believe should be incorporated in such a relief area.
Keep in mind that this forum is an opportunity to offer suggestions
on the ground floor before they are designed and implemented, so it
is better to put such things in place in this stage than to make
changes after the fact.

                 We would like to hear from you about any and every
detail of this project from where the SARA should be located, what
materials should be used, and any other considerations you believe
would make it most usable to guide dog users. This is your
opportunity to make a difference and all suggestions will be
presented to the FAA and its engineers. Please send all comments,
suggestions, and input to me no later than Saturday, March 1 by 4:00
p.m. You may email me at

<mailto:President at NAGDU.ORG>President at NAGDU.ORG

                 If you would like to make a tax-deductible gift to
the National Association of Guide Dog Users to support our advocacy
efforts, you may do so by going to

http://nagdu.org/donation

Your input and support are greatly appreciated.

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President

National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.

National Federation of the Blind

813-626-2789

Hotline: 888-NAGDU411 (888-624-3841))

http://nagdu.org