[Nfbnet-members-list] FW: IRS Assistance for People with Disabilities

Wunder, Gary gwunder at nfb.org
Wed Feb 5 01:45:48 UTC 2014

From: Goulder Maureen P [mailto:maureen.p.goulder at irs.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2014 10:01 AM
To: Wunder, Gary
Subject: IRS Assistance for People with Disabilities

Hello and Happy Tax Season!

Another tax season is at our door! I am attaching a web article that
provides information about the online tax products and services
available through the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for taxpayers
with disabilities. Can you send this information to your members to
let them know what accessible tax information is available?

We are proud to announce that last year with your help, more than one
million accessible forms and publications were downloaded, in large
part because organizations such as yours actively promoted them. We
still need your assistance connecting our resources with the people
who can use these services.

Please tell your members they can go to the IRS
Accessibility<http://www.irs.gov/accessibility/index.html?portlet=113>
page to download forms, publications and other products they might
need and to check out tax-related
videos<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=el-xueE-ZDY&list=PL634968897EAEA4FD&index=3>
in English and American Sign Language. We highly recommend checking
our website often as we are continually growing the number of
products available for persons with disabilities.

Thank you for helping us spread the word about all of the online
products and services the IRS provides people with disabilities.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or need any
additional information.

Sincerely,

Maureen Goulder
Chief, Alternative Media Center