[Nfbnet-members-list] Help NAGDU Reach 1000!

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 17 22:23:56 UTC 2014

                 The National Association of Guide dog Users, a
strong & proud division of the National Federation of the Blind, is
the leading advocacy and policymaking organization in the United
States concerning guide & service dog use. As you know, we recently
launched the NAGDU Guide & Service Animal Information & Advocacy
Mobile App for IOS and will soon release an Android version. Our goal
is to reach 1000 downloads by December 31, 2014 and we are very close
to achieving this goal. Please disseminate the following message as
widely as possible to help us reach the 1000 mark! You can also post
information to your social media and encourage others to download the app!

                 If you are a guide dog user and are not a member of
NAGDU, you owe it to yourself to join the most dynamic, influential
organization in the affairs of the blind and guide dog users in the
United States. You can join the National Association of Guide dog
Users by visiting

<http://nagdu.org/membership.html>http://nagdu.org/membership.html

We look forward to being of service to you!

Fraternally yours,

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users Inc.
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
(888) 624-3841 (Hotline)
<mailto:President at nagdu.org>President at nagdu.org
http://www.nagdu.org

High expectations create unlimited potential for the blind!

Please distribute the following message as widely as possible. For
your convenience, the following information is attached to this
message. If you experience any difficulty with this message or its
attachment, please contact

Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide dog Users
National Federation of the Blind
(813) 626-2789
<mailto:Info at NAGDU.ORG>Info at NAGDU.ORG

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND RELEASES INNOVATIVE APP

The National Association of Guide Dog Users (NAGDU), a strong and
proud division of the National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is proud
to announce the NAGDU Service Animal Information & Advocacy Mobile
app! This innovative app provides general information about the state
and federal laws that protect the civil rights of disabled
individuals who use service dogs. The app contains the full texts of
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and each of the state
statutes that affirm the rights of those who use service dogs, as
well as general guidance concerning access to specific types of
establishments, such as hotels, restaurants, taxicabs, health care
facilities and more. In addition, this app provides the ability to
directly connect with a live advocate who has been specially trained
to resolve access issues as they occur and send an email for more
specific guidance. This app is provided by the National Association
of Guide dog Users at no charge as a public service. To download the
app, simply type the term "NAGDU" into the app store's search field.

"Those of us who use service dogs are discriminated against more
frequently than most know about," says Marion Gwizdala, a guide dog
user who serves as the NAGDU president. "We believe this new app will
help service dog users better advocate for themselves, while
providing accurate information to the general public and places of
public accommodation so that instances of discrimination are resolved
quickly and amicably!"

                         The National Association of Guide dog Users
is the nation's leading membership organization for blind people who
use guide dogs.  NAGDU is a strong and proud division of the National
Federation of the Blind. NAGDU conducts public awareness campaigns on
issues of guide dog use, provides advocacy support for guide dog
handlers who face discrimination, supports sound policy and effective
legislation to protect the rights of guide dog users, offers
educational programs to school and civic organizations, and functions
as an integral part of the National Federation of the Blind. For more
information about the National Association of Guide Dog Users and to
support their work, you can visit their website at

<http://www.nagdu.org/>HTTP://WWW.NAGDU.ORG

Or send an email message to

<mailto:Info at NAGDU.ORG>Info at NAGDU.ORG

About the NFB

           The National Federation of the Blind is the oldest and
largest organization of the blind in the United States. The NFB knows
that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your
future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because
low expectations are the obstacles between blind people and our
dreams. You can live the life you want! Blindness is not what holds
you back. The Federation provides scholarships to blind students;
support for those who are blind or losing their eyesight; advocacy
for the blind facing discrimination; and educational programs for the
general public on topics of blindness. The NFB is not an organization
that speaks on behalf of the blind; we are the blind speaking for
ourselves. For more information, please contact

National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314
<http://www.nfb.org>http://www.nfb.org