[Nfbnet-members-list] WellPoint accessibility

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sat Aug 30 00:41:09 UTC 2014

To blind members of Anthem and Blue Cross, Blue Shield companies
owned by WellPoint:

This message provides information about WellPoint's accessibility
initiative for its blind members.  WellPoint is a national company
that owns Anthem, Blue Cross and Blue Shield operations across the
United States.  You can find out if your state is covered in this
post:
<http://lflegal.com/2014/07/wellpoint-blue/>http://lflegal.com/2014/07/wellpoint-blue/.

All WellPoint companies are now providing insurance information in
alternative formats, including braille, large print, audio and
electronic formats.  They've also designed their websites and mobile
applications to be accessible. WellPoint worked with blind Blue Cross
members in Structured Negotiations on this initiative, and we
encourage people who are blind or have low vision to take advantage
of this new program.

We also need feedback to help make the program as strong as it can be
and generally make sure it is working as it is supposed to.  The best
way to give feedback is to email me at
<mailto:LF at LFLegal.com>LF at LFLegal.com.  People without email access
can leave a message at 510.548.5062.

Alternative formats can be requested by calling the number on the
back of your health insurance card, or any other number you use to
reach a WellPoint company.

WellPoint is now the industry leader in providing insurance
information in alternative formats.  Please help us spread the word,
and please let us know of your experiences with the new program.

Thanks, Lainey

Lainey Feingold
Law Office of Lainey Feingold
<http://lflegal.com/>http://lflegal.com/
510.548.5062
<mailto:LF at LFLegal.com>LF at LFLegal.com
Twitter: <http://twitter.com/LFLegal>http://twitter.com/LFLegal

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind
Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture