[Nfbnet-members-list] New Video! Kids Speak the Truth: Subminimum Wages

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Wed Aug 20 02:29:52 UTC 2014

Fellow Federationists:

As part of our ongoing series of Tuesday afternoon videos, we are
proud to announce the long awaited release of
"<http://bit.ly/1oaiAya>Kids Speak the Truth: Subminimum Wages," made
by this summer's interns: Catherine Jacobson, Sarah Patnaude, Justin
Salisbury and Yadiel Sotomayor at the Jernigan Institute. This video
portrays children's views on our fair wages initiative.

Please watch the video and encourage your friends and family to do
the same. And don't forget to subscribe to our Youtube channel,
http://www.youtube.com/nationsblind.

Additionally, we are designating tomorrow as a Twitter Wednesday!
Please share this video with your Members of Congress via Twitter. As
a reminder, you can find the Twitter handles of your Members of
Congress at <http://govsm.com/w/Senate>http://govsm.com/w/Senate and
<http://govsm.com/w/House>http://govsm.com/w/House.

For your convenience, here are some sample tweets. (Don't forget to
insert the handles of your Members of Congress into these tweets.)

<http://bit.ly/1oaiAya>http://bit.ly/1oaiAya.
<https://twitter.com/PeterRoskam>@PeterRoskam, will you support
#FairWages for Workers with Disabilities by cosponsoring HR 831?

It's common sense: People with disabilities deserve #FairWages.
Please watch <http://bit.ly/1oaiAya>http://bit.ly/1oaiAya,
<https://twitter.com/CongPalazzo>@CongPalazzo.

Thank you, <https://twitter.com/cathymcmorris>@cathymcmorris for
cosponsoring HR 831. <http://bit.ly/1oaiAya>http://bit.ly/1oaiAya
shows why PWD deserve #FairWages. 14c must be phased out.

PWD can only live the lives we want if we are ensured #FairWages.
Please watch <http://bit.ly/1oaiAya>http://bit.ly/1oaiAya,
<https://twitter.com/RepMattSalmon>@RepMattSalmon.

Thank you!

Rose Sloan and Chris Danielsen

Christopher S. Danielsen, J.D.
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
200 East Wells Street
Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: (410) 659-9314, extension 2330
Mobile: (410) 262-1281
E-mail: <mailto:cdanielsen at nfb.org>cdanielsen at nfb.org

the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

To make a donation to the National Federation of the Blind
Imagination Fund campaign, please visit
<http://www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture>www.nfb.org/ImaginingOurFuture