[Nfbnet-members-list] Calling All Social Workers

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Apr 3 15:56:31 UTC 2014

                 The National Federation of the Blind's Human
Services Division is seeking a collaborative relationship with the
National Association of Social workers in an effort to significantly
increase opportunities for blind social workers. In an effort to
assess how many people will be impacted by our efforts, we would like
to get an idea of how many blind people are either professional
social workers at any level or aspire to become social workers. We
are urging anyone in any of these categories to send a message with
your name, location, and email address to

<mailto:MerryS at verizon.net>MerryS at verizon.net

When sending us a message, if you would like to share any concerns or
challenges you have faced in your educational, application,
recruitment, employment, or professional development efforts, such
information will help us prioritize our initiatives to better serve
our constituents.

                 The National Federation of the Blind (NFB) is the
oldest and largest organization of the blind in the United States.
The Human Services Division is a special interest group of the NFB
whose members are blind professionals in the human services field or
aspiring to work in this field. The purpose of the Division is to
serve as a vehicle for self-expression by blind human service
professionals; to provide a support and information network of blind
human service professionals about techniques and capabilities of the
blind; to advocate for the full integration of blind professionals
into all human services fields; and to function as an integral part
of the National Federation of the Blind. For more information, please
feel free to get in touch with me. My contact information is below my
signature.

With warm regards,

Merry C. Schoch, President

Human Services Division