[Nfbnet-members-list] BlindHow.com Employment Contest: Win an iPad Mini

Adam Rushforth adam at rushforth.org
Tue Apr 1 08:26:20 UTC 2014

Interested in winning an iPad mini? Well
BlindHow.com is giving a brand new one away this
May and all you have to do is tell us about your job and how you do it.
Blind people across the country and around the
world work in every field imaginable, including
but not limited to medicine, office and clerical
work, education, engineering, meteorology, and
law. At
<http://www.blindhow.com/>www.blindhow.com we
want to know how you are doing your job and what
techniques you use to get the job done right. It
is our mission to educate everyone (both blind
and sighted) about the capabilities of the blind
by demonstrating how we as blind people are able to succeed in the workforce.
We believe that it is not blindness that creates
a barrier to independence and employment. Rather,
it is the lack of accurate information as well as
the misconceptions and stereotypes that create
the greatest obstacles to meaningful employment
for the blind. In order to change these
misconceptions, we are running a campaign to hear
from as many blind people as possible about their work.
As promised, someone will be the lucky winner of
a free iPad mini. All you have to do to be
eligible is submit a post on our website telling
about your work and how it’s done. You can earn
points for completing different submissions. For
every 5 points you earn, you will receive one
entry in the iPad Mini drawing. So if you have 30
points, your name goes into the drawing 6 times,
40 points gets your name in 8 times, and so on.
·       A written description about your job and
the alternative techniques you use will earn you 10 points.
·       A written post along with an audio
demonstration of the alternative techniques you use will earn you 20 points.
·       A written description along with a
recorded video demonstration will earn you 30 points.
·       If you refer someone to blindhow.com and
they submit a post about their job, you will gain
an additional 5 points. To earn referral points,
both you and the person you refer must send us an
email using the email link on blindhow.com to
tell us who you referred or who referred you.
Our employment contest has been running from
October 1, 2013 and will continue until April 30,
2014. We will draw our iPad Mini winner in May at
our NFB of Utah state convention. So please
submit your posts, and refer more people to
increase your chances of winning. Good luck to all who participate.
The ultimate goal of this project is to use this
information to help educate the public about what
we do as blind people, and hopefully we can open
more doors to make it easier for qualified blind people to find employment.

Sincerely,
The BlindHow Team
\
  "Adam Rushforth" <adam at rushforth.org>