[Nfbnet-members-list] Washington Seminar

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Thu Nov 21 03:15:28 UTC 2013

Fellow Federationists:

It is time to make your plans to attend the 2014 National Federation
of the Blind Washington Seminar. This annual event is our opportunity
to meet with our congressional representatives and their staff members
in their Washington offices to discuss issues of great importance to
the blind of America. If you have never been, I highly encourage you
to consider attending as it is an exciting few days where we have a
chance to make a significant impact to our future as blind people.

The 2014 Washington Seminar will take place from Monday January 27
through Thursday January 30. The Great-Gathering-In, the first meeting
of all those in attendance (our legislative pep rally as it were),
will begin at 5:00 on Monday the 27th. Our legislative appointments
will hopefully all take place on Tuesday, but may take place on
Wednesday depending on the legislator's schedules.

As in previous years, the Washington Seminar hotel will be the Holiday
Inn Capitol, 550 C ST SW. Room rates are $177 plus a 14.5% sales tax
($202.67 total) for singles, doubles, triples, and quads. Room
reservations should not be made through the hotel, but should be made
by contacting Lisa Bonderson at (303) 778-1130, extension 219 or by
emailing lbonderson at cocenter.org.

Again, I highly encourage you to make plans to attend the 2014
Washington Seminar. it is an experience not to be missed.

Thanks to Tony Olivero from Nebraska for writing the above and
allowing me to steal his words.

Dave