[Nfbnet-members-list] Announcing the NABS mentoring program

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu May 23 00:44:28 UTC 2013

 > Greetings:

 > The National Association of Blind Students is excited to announce
that we will be hosting a mentoring program as part of the activities
for students at the 2013 NFB national convention, being held in
Orlando Florida from July 1 to July6. We will be pairing students up
with one-on-one student mentors who are experienced with national
convention and, ideally, share professional and other interests. I
know, this sounds great. But, to make it work, we need your participation!

 > We are looking for folks who would be interested in having, or
serving as, a student mentor during the week of convention. When
selecting mentees, we will give preference to first-time convention
attendees. But if there is enough space, we would like to open it up
to those of you who have already attended a convention as well.

 > In order to be a mentee, you must:

 > Be a high school junior or senior, or a current college or
graduate student (nontraditional students are welcome); and
 > Be available to attend a welcome meeting with us on Monday, July 1
from 6:00-7:30 p.m.
 > If you want to apply to become a mentee, please fill out a short survey at:

  http://nabslink.org/drupal/content/mentee-form

  In order to be a mentor, you must:

 > Have attended at least one NFB convention before;
 > Be a current college or graduate student, or have graduated within
the last two years (nontraditional students are welcome); and
 > Be available to attend a welcome meeting with us on Monday, July 1
from 6:00-7:30 p.m., and then be willing to spend some time with your
mentee throughout the week.